What if Non-Islamics Call for a Crusade?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by northgagator, Jun 30, 2013.

1. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +676
    No, he said it. But that quote is taken COMPLETELY out of context.
  2. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,763
    no, he actually didn't.
  3. channingcrowderhungry

Ratings Received:
    +676
    You're right, it wasn't the actual quote. I knew he said something similar and I still knew it was taken out of context.

"In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."
  4. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,763
    i know. no offense, but i tend to look that stuff up before i post something about it. so i knew exactly what he wrote.
  5. channingcrowderhungry

Ratings Received:
    +676
    Sad part is I actually looked it up and still screwed the pooch. But my excuse is I'm on my phone :)
  6. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    Well...let's just say I wouldn't oppose it. :ninja:
  7. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,763
    no problem. you've got all that beer and trash to deal with.
  8. channingcrowderhungry

Ratings Received:
    +676
    Touché
  9. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +110
    Very True!
  10. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +110
    Question: is it the long bus or the short bus?
  11. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +895
    Religion is one of the main issues in war...

wouldn't be the first time Christians used it to kill other religions
  12. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    "These non believers are Jews, Christians, Hindu's, Buddhists, and other faiths."

they are also slaughtering Muslims who are not radical or not as radical as themselves. And yet it appears that you and others disregard that.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...s-more-muslims-than-non-muslims-a-660619.html

"But even as such apologetic communiqués from al-Qaida show the terror network stylizing itself as a defender of the true faith wrestling with religious concepts, they also make it look as though any dead Muslims are regretful but isolated cases. The facts, though, tell a different story.

Between 2004 and 2008, for example, al-Qaida claimed responsibility for 313 attacks, resulting in the deaths of 3,010 people. And even though these attacks include terrorist incidents in the West -- in Madrid in 2004 and in London in 2005 -- only 12 percent of those killed (371 deaths) were Westerners.

New Report Shows Many More Muslims Killed Than Non-Muslims

It is, of course, no surprise that al-Qaida kills more Muslims than non-Muslims -- particularly for people in the Islamic world. But a new report by the Combating Terrorism Center (CTC) at the United States' Military Academy at West Point in New York -- which has gathered together these and other relevant figures in one report ("Deadly Vanguards: A Study Of al-Qaida's Violence Against Muslims "), spells out the discrepancy in black and white.

The authors of the study admit that their report likely omits a number of Muslim victims. But that was the price of their rigorous methodology, used in an effort to avoid accusations of partisanship.

The researchers only counted the attacks for which al-Qaida claimed responsibility, thus preventing accusations that they were seeking to make al-Qaida look even worse than it is. Still, it is well known that al-Qaida does not claim responsibility for every attack perpetrated, meaning that many victims are likely left out of the report. Furthermore, the researchers only included attacks reported on by the Arab media and relied on the numbers they reported -- out of a conviction that the Arab media is more highly regarded in the Muslim world than the Western media. That, though, is not always the case."

There is a lot more of pretty much the same as the above in the article. Please note the reference to the West Point study on this matter.

IMO--one of the keys to dealing with Islamic terrorism is the following
    ---don't support one one terrorist group in effort to deal with other terrorist groups....that was tried many times by many countries. including the U.S.
    ---work towards mobilizing everyday Muslim people who are not members of a militant faction. They are great in number and the ones who have been victimized by most every Islamic terrorist group. Problem is that they lack the training weapons and will to fight having been beaten down for generations by radicals of their own religion. Further complicating the matter is their mistrust of outsiders.
  13. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,761

So you were thinking again, were you, and you thought that three jihadists cutting three Christians' heads off with a butcher knife in public is somehow equivalent to killing 100 armed combatants, or people who stand with - or reasonably close to - known and avowed jihadists and sworn enemies of this country.

Further thinking is suggested.
  14. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
  15. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,761
  16. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    Amen.
  17. AmericaFirst

AmericaFirst Member

Ratings Received:
    +10

True Christians will never side with the Jews. The Jews have been the sworn enemy of Christians for thousands of years. They are the ones who deny Christ and for that matter, believe he was a False Prophet. We have no common ground outside of the fact that Jesus was Jewish, but his true followers were Christians. They denied him from day one. Only since The Holocaust has this relationship changed and much of it through nonstop propaganda. Go back to pre-1945 and take a look at how the Vatican viewed them and for that matter, how they viewed the Vatican.

And no, the belief that a bunch of Muslims are going to take over the world without the money and military to do so is absurd.
    • Like Like x 1