What if Non-Islamics Call for a Crusade?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by northgagator, Jun 30, 2013.

1. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    It appears that the factions of Islam who are taking up arms appear to have it in for non believers of Islam. For example these factions are killing non believers in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia, The Far East, and even here in the USA. These non believers are Jews, Christians, Hindu's, Buddhists, and other faiths. Would you support a a holy war called by a coalition of these faiths?
  2. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,865
  3. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +868
    We feed the homeless at church on Sunday mornings. Yesterday I spent 30 minutes talking with a young man (40) from the Virgin Islands who converted to Islam 15 years ago. Initially he was hostile. Before it was over he'd agreed to read the Book of John and we'd continue our conversation.

I prefer that method.
  4. northgagator

Ratings Received:
    +120
    What sparked me to start this thread was the recent beheading of three men in Syria. Why were these three men beheaded? It was due to how they pray to God. They were Christians. One of them was a Catholic priest. The butchers who committed this brutal crime were Islamic Jihadists who toke some time off from war to do some ethic cleansing in a predominant Christian area of Syria. I called the assailants butchers because of their choice of weapon. Instead of using a sword they used a kitchen knife to hack and slash the heads off. Here is a link to the event: http://m.townhall.com/columnists/jo...lies-behead-catholic-priest-in-syria-n1631285

This is not a one time isolated event. Attacks on non-Islamic believers is happening with more frequency. It even happened here in the USA. I am referring to the bombing at the Boston Marathon.

How much longer will the non-Muslims in this world sit back before some of them take up arms to defend themselves?

I not calling for a Holy War. Like the other poster I believe that providing comfort and sharing the Gospel is a better alternative. I do not like war but I fear that the militants in the Islamic faith are conducting a holy war and that they have every intention to escalate world wide.
  5. Gatormb

Ratings Received:
    +868
    North, I agree that the Islamic "problem" is taken far too lightly. There are what, three billion Muslims? If only ten percent are radical that's still 300 million, nearly the population of the US.

Yes, we have a problem.
  6. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,932
    Didn't see any reporting of this horrific incident in the mainstream media, but could have missed it.

Such a peaceful religion.
  7. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +361
    We already have a war on terrorism, but that's not good enough for you?

Would it be like the Blackwater corporation except it would be a multinational? Who would sanctioned it?
  8. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    I have no issue with a Christian crusade against terrorists such as the ones who did the beheadings.

I have no doubt that there are religious zealots in Islam who resort to beheadings of non combatants, bystanders,e tc of different religion.

From reading a lot of the posts on this message board I have little doubt that there are christian zealots who would resort to beheading/crucifying,torturing etc non-combatants, bystanders, etc who are not terrorists just because they are Muslims. I would include nut cases like Allen West in this category along with some of his more ardent supports, etc.

Once group raises a holy flag to wage war you can count on the wack jobs within that religion to start resorting to the same tactics that they are supposedly fighting against

I don't believe people who are truly believers who follow in the footsteps of Christ and who do as he did would commit atrocities. But there are those within any religion(or most any group for that mater) who will resort to atrocities if their mob starts getting rabid enough. I can picture if they were in a Christian crusade to attack Muslim terrorists that people such as Allen West, Palin, Michelle Bachmann, etc would gladly drive in a nail to crucify a Muslim whether the person was a terrorist of not.

So often we get so angry at some atrocity that we call for an strong measure to deal with it. But there is always the risk of becoming what we hate. Sort of like the Dark Side in Star Wars. remember how young Anakin Skywalker a very caring, loving child changed into a monster because of the fury he felt over the torture and murder of his mother. He initially started with attacking those responsibility. But then he did not stop at that and continued on til he was committi9ng same sort of atrocities against innocent people as those committed by those who murdered his mother.

Rage and fury mobilize us when we are horrified. And that rage and fury is difficult to reign in once it has gained momentum.

I am not defending the actions of the terrorists who murdered/tortured the priest and others. Nor am I saying that those murderers/tortures should not be hunted done and slaughtered. I myself would have no qualms about eviscerating them while still alive. I just don't want to see people who are horrified by such atrocities turn into what they hate.
  9. NorthCaptivaGator

NorthCaptivaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +355
    The sooner we realize these killings are about power and not religion, the better
  10. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,654
    they are about power in the name of religion
  11. northgagator

Ratings Received:
    +120
    Read my post again you troll.
    I said that I do not like war.
    I said that my fear is that a continuation and a spreading of Islamic Jihad could force the world into a war.

Well the Vatican could if things really get out of hand. From that point that point a combination of Protestant faiths, Jews, Hindus and Buddhist could jump in as well.
  12. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    GatorBill-----agree 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

the problem isn't religion....the problem is the few within a religion who do horrible things in the name fo their God/religion...

i regards to my previous post addressing how difficult it is for good people to reign in their rage after seeing atrocities committed upon friends, etc one only has to remember Mi Lai. Our troops saw on regular basis fellow soldiers tortured, murdered ,etc by the enemy. And the enemy included women and children. At Mi Lai, the rage they had bottled up came out in all its ugliness.

If those terrorists had not killed the priest and left it at torturing the priest and others I see no difference(in principle) between terrorists torturing a priest and Allen West torturing a non combatant who was innocent. The terrorists would likely come up with some sort of justification for torturing a priest such as claiming the priest sheltered enemies of the terrorists. Over the centuries priests of many religions sheltered people who were being pursued by criminals, military, etc.
  13. northgagator

Ratings Received:
    +120
    Why is everything so political with you?
    I noticed that you included every whack job on the right side if the aisle but not a one from the left.

Are you inferring that the America's political left will defend the Islamic Jihadist? One could get that point if view from your post. Before you jump me for this reply I do acknowledge that you said you object to the be headings.

Your comments do more to divide us instead of uniting us.

You did make a valid point that once a faction crossed the line to use deadly force that they run a great risk of becoming what the are attacking.

If you were to take out the left wing jabs your post would be pretty solid.
  14. northgagator

Ratings Received:
    +120
    If you look at the birth of Islam you would see how correct you are. Mohammad blurred the line when he started Islam. From the very start there was no tolerance to the other religious faiths. It was submit to Mohammad's will or perish.

On the other hand Jesus gave up his own life to start the Christian faith. You had a choice to follow or to discuss your choice with God come judgement day.
  15. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    I believe that is the whole point. Every now and then, a war is created to cull the herd. It's about that time again.
  16. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,865
    so we need to start a war to kill who? all Muslims?
  17. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    "I noticed that you included every whack job on the right side if the aisle but not a one from the left.:

1. I did not name every ultra right wing nut job just a few prominent ones. If you want a more extensive list I'll gladly provide one. But that would take away from this thread.
    2. care to name any prominent libs who advocate waging a holy crusade?
    3. Just because libs don't advocate waging a holy crusade doesn't mean they are supportive of Islamic terrorists. Many have same stance as myself.
    4. liberals have own nut jobs. They just aren't as nuts in this area as ultra right wing
  18. Gatormb

Ratings Received:
    +868
    North, initially Islam was a religion of peace as many verses of the Koran support. Why? Because is the beginning they were small and weak. As they grew and became a force, evidently Allah had
    a change of heart and we have the later "sword" verses to kill the Jew and the people of the "book".

The "peace" verses are what is fed to the west. However the Koran specifically says when verses conflict the latest take precedence. The Koran also says it's OK to lie to unbelievers to further the cause.

Are not those who beheaded the Christians the rebels who we now want to support in Syria. If so I say gas them some more!
  19. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,865
    Ah, yes. Our way or everlasting hell. Interesting choice
  20. altalias

altalias Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +264
    Last summer I read "Midnight's Children" because it was voted the best of the first 25 Mann Booker Prize winners. I did not understand some references to Islam so I was forced to do some background reading (also of Zoroastroism and Hinduism which all meet in Rushdie's India) Islam has never been a religion of peace. I strongly urge you to read mainstream history books for yourself if you believe otherwise.