What if GZ didn't get out of his truck?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Jul 22, 2013.

1. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +213
    In what world do the cops arrive in time to prevent crimes?
  2. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Do you refrain from googling, too? Come on, man, it's the 21st century -- google can be your friend. :geek:
  3. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,496
    I googled and got nothing. Teach me your ways.
  4. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,496
    Disney World?
  5. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +655
    In 108s world. By going to his car and calling the police, the one police car that arrives 5 minutes later has to search an entire area and figure out which home might be burglarized. GZ is supposed to know a confrontation with TM is going to happen. You see in 108s world only and I mean only is GZ at fault. No other explanation will work in his and much of the black communities mind other than GZ shot an innocent kid who just bought skittles.
  6. gator34654

Ratings Received:
    +655
    OBOB, you can find it on you tube "Leo Terrell blasts Juan Williams on Zimmerman Case"
  7. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,496
    Thanks, confirms once again why I will not get my news from television. Just a bunch of morons providing absolutely nothing of journalistic value.
  8. gator34654

Ratings Received:
    +655
    Yet they are influencers sadly to say. Many people are too lazy to formulate their own views but instead adopt views they hear including entertainers.
  9. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +516
    I agree with this. For as much as I've watched the trial and reviewed the evidence and believe that Zimmerman did nothing legally or morally wrong (i.e. his actions appear to be justified). The most likely scenario is that if he doesn't get out of his car, no crimes are committed and Martin doesn't attack Zimmerman and Martin does not get shot. Zimmerman can live his life without the burden of killing somebody and without the hate against him by so much of the public, and Martin has an opportunity at life.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  10. gator34654

Ratings Received:
    +655
    And if our QB knew the first pass he threw in the Sugar Bowl would have been intercepted for a TD he would not have thrown it. My point is things like this happen all the time, we can all second guess ourselves on just about everything. IMO GZ was a conscientious watch person who was truly concerned about the well being of people who lived their regardless of what color their skin. He saw a suspicious person. We don't know whether he followed TM or TM caught up with him but even had GZ sought out TM he had no idea whatsoever that he would be attacked. He had no idea it would turn out this way. It's easy now for us to say well he shoulda coulda but we weren't there and who knows what we would have done? Had I'd been in GZ shoes, and there had been a rash of crime I'd likely keep my eye on anyone suspicious.

Because something bad happens GZ is faulted for not running back to his car. He had every right to be there. This was just a perfect storm whereby both could have done some things different in hindsight but that does not excuse TM from striking the first blow. Had TM said I'm heading to my dad's place what about u? I mean we could come up with all kinds of scenarios for both but we have the luxury of hindsight.
  11. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    For an intelligent guy you write some really questionable stuff! What should someone in Detroit do? Average police response time is 58 minutes, will they get there in time to stop the decomposition of the dead body? The police can't protect everyone from everything everywhere! It's ignorant for you to even suggest it, they couldn't save George Zimmerman fro Travon Martin's assault, and they were already on the way!

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!
  12. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,047
    Well you did ask "What if?." When you do that you open up a world of possibilities.
  13. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,133

Williams is thinking with his emotions and skin color, period.

You can tell when he talks about how it was so unnecessary for Zimmerman to shoot Martin but almost never brings up that Martin doubled back to attack him completely unprovoked.

Should Zimmerman have stayed in his truck? Probably, but getting out of his truck isn't what got Martin killed that night... Martin got himself killed by attacking Zimmerman.

I understand that's a bitter pill to swallow for the Martin supporters, but that's what happened.
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,328
    Exactly. No trial, no notoriety, no deaths.
  15. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +144
    Wait how do you know TM was not out for no good? TM could of easily still done something really bad that night just as much as ZM could of with another individual. Thus the problem with what if's.... They mean jack!
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,328
    I think I'd find this idea much more persuasive if TM wasnt staying in the neighborhood. Sure, maybe he would have gone home and gotten high or wasted, which I guess is "no good." Maybe he would have cut through other people's property or something or done suspicious looking things. But I cant imagine anything that TM would have done that would involve a criminal trial, notoriety or violent death based on what we know.

As for the "what ifs," yeah, they dont mean much, but the OP asked a "what if" question. We're just answering it.
  17. gator34654

Ratings Received:
    +655
    Let me clarify my OP. What I meant was, what if GZ never got out of his vehicle to help the individuals trapped in their car on the road. I think I read where it burst into flames afterward. My point was, it was a very good thing that he did.

True "what ifs" are just that they lend themselves to possibilities. All I'm saying is that imo this was his mindset during that fateful night. He wanted to be of help, he believed in what he was doing in watching the area, he wanted to protect. Maybe that explains a bit why he didn't run to his car the night TM was killed. If anything we should be saying TM should not have thrown the first punch.
  18. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +466
    NO way of knowing what his mindset was or is, especially after the trial is over. Yea, it was a good deed Zimm just did, maybe that is his character or maybe he is trying to make up for the Martin killing, either way it doesnt change what happened. And I dont recall anyone actually seeing who started the fight, just a lot of conjecture since none of us were there.

What if, what if , what if Martin was armed like Zimm, then what?