What I gathered from today

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by UFFL, Oct 19, 2013.

1. UFFL

UFFL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +350
    - We need to run the jet sweep more often
    - the wildcat does not work (obvious)
    - Kelvin Taylor is hands down our best back and should have received every handoff today
    - Brian Poole is our next Matt Elam. He has incredible awareness for the ball and does not give up on plays. I like his fight
    - our defensive line stopped moving their feet at the line of scrimmage. We would run up to their offensive line, push them a little, with very little movement/power from the lower body. I don't get that
    - our offensive line also struggled with their upper and lower body strength. There was also a quote about them being confused about assignments. I didn't see a lot missed assignments, more like we just straight up got beat.
    - Marcus Roberson is very obviously our #1. Yes, ahead of Hargreaves.
    - we were not buying Tyler any time today. I honestly do not know that it would've made a difference if we played only the center today.
    - the staff went away from both Kelvin Taylor and the run after our only successful drive revolved around Kelvin and the run. This is incredibly baffling. Everybody knows this one though
    - Demarcus Robinson has caused one (nearly two) interceptions this year. He did not forgot how to catch all of a sudden. I don't know what he's doing.
    - we play worse against spread teams than two back teams. We struggle against faster backs
    - our tackling has gotten much worse. We miss a tackle on nearly every play. It felt a lot like LSU 2011

I'm not sure where we go from here. Our defensive staff deserves to keep their jobs, but I have no idea what Muschamp thinks regarding offense. This line is keeping us from being able to do anything.
  2. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +650
    I thought Tyler was all by himself plenty of times today, often with no one in his face...oh wait, you mean Murphy, I was talking about Moore.
  3. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,731
    What I gathered today: our offensive line couldn't block a bunch of nuns. I thought they were going to step up their game after getting slapped by LSU. Man was I wrong.
  4. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +239
    Agreed. Drove to Columbia, only to witness what I saw on TV in Baton Rouge (and worse).
    I love my Gators. Not so much their administrators.
  5. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,731
    Respect for making the trip though. Nice.