What a surprise, pedophiles are grabbing the coat tails of homosexuals already

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by AustinGator1, Jul 27, 2013.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +741
    Change is the only constant, and yes, we can and have changed our definition of adult and minor before. However, the trend has been the last few centuries to further protect children. Now, 92 says because two consenting, homosexual adults can now marry in some places, this will somehow alter the path of child protections laws 180 degrees, and several centuries, so that pedophilia will become legal? Possible? Sure, in a way that it may be possible there are unicorns out there that poop rainbows. But highly unlikely, considering the huge difference between what two consenting adults represent, and what an adult and a minor represent.

Case in point would be your great-grandparents, icequeen. They were, if I remember correctly, in their early teens when they got married. Depending on geography and time period, not that unusual for an arranged couple to get married that early. But if you look at today, in our current society, our opinions have changed so much in the direction that it would be unthinkable for a couple to get married so early in America. That's the direction we have been going for centuries in terms of child protection laws. And the argument 92 is failing to make is other than "anything can happen," the connections between the plight of homosexuals and pedophiles are light at best. And the difference is as great as a consenting adult and a minor child.
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Well let's be fair, you've posited that this is on the trajectory and have been unable to show how.

You haven't explained how it would be plausible. Which is understandable, because it isn't.
  3. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,447
    Agree that some may try to further their pedophilia cause as a "civil rights" issue.

But their possibility of having success in furthering that cause has to be just short of absolute zero.

Children cannot consent. It's as simple as that.

And all anyone will have to do is mention Jerry Sandusky raping a boy in a shower at Penn State, or the numerous Catholic Priest pedophiles and it's all over. The people trying to further the cause will likely put themselves at substantial personal risk for their efforts... especially if they get any publicity.
  4. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    It is at least as plausible as the concept of *homosexual marriage* was, in 1973.

Yet here we are.

Hence it is entirely plausible, especially given the trend of liberalizing sexuality going on for the past 50 years, and continuiously accelerating.

Hence quite frankly, I submit that it is MORE plausible, than the concept of *homosexual marriage* was in 1973.

You keep on saying "consenting adults" "consenting adults"...

In 1973, you would have been repeating ad nasuem, "husband and wife"/"man and woman", "husband and wife"/"man and woman",...

...as you firmly concluded "...it could never happen...it's impossible..." "...it's absurd", "...not plausible"...

blah blah blah.

I only wish I shared your cocksuredness, that society would never, EVER deviate from such an elementary concept as 'pedofilia = rape', (or marriage =between a H&W/Man and a woman).
  5. leogator

leogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
    I don't know what some of you are bellyaching about. In case you haven't noticed child abuse laws have been toughened significantly. Not only that but sexual abuse of children has sparked a new hysteria among those that see child abuse behind every dysfunctional adult behavior which has led to false memories, etc. etc. Child sexual abuse has been used as a bargaining tool in divorces and property settlements.
    I hope your spouse does not plan to accuse you of child sexual abuse because you boinked your secretary and she wants to take you to the cleaners. My best friend went through that hell. He's so traumatized emotionally that he will only go for one nite stands and only at his place. Not to mention the financial drain or the alienation from his child.

I do not condone true sexual abuse, but you will not believe how many false accusation get filed. It takes a very good (read expensive) criminal defense attorney to help you navigate the criminal court system if you're ever accused of sexual abuse. You're automatically guilty until proven innocent.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    ^^^ I don't think anyone is 'bellyaching'--I just take exception to the notion that the OP's contention is 'absurd', and beyond the realm of plausiblity.

Again, I wish I could dismiss the notion so cavalierly as so many others--but after watching the homosexual movement develop and progress as it has, and discounting notions of its advancment in my youth, I am quite frankly, leary of discounting or dismissing similar notions with the same ease.
  7. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,454
    Was the reaction to gay sex in the US ever "imprison them for life!" or did it have a suggestion from both political parties that it would be a mistake to ban using the death penalty on gay people because it is "the most heinous of crimes"?

Didn't think so. No matter how implausible you might have mistakenly thought people accepting gays was, homosexuality has never in recent history been as poorly regarded as pedophilia is now. You're making an argument that has all the logic of "maybe one day we'll really appreciate what terrorists are doing." Because I'll suggest that popular opinion of pedophiles isn't markedly higher than that of al Qaeda in the US.
  8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +741
    You are looking at only one track--the plight of homosexuals, without looking at the other track that has been going on even longer--strengthening of child protection laws. And you have yet to explain, 92, how the one track is going to not only slow down the other, not only stop the other, but make it do a huge, 180, and go back in the other direction by miles and miles.

And consenting adults is a major difference. The difference between a heterosexual couple and homosexual couple both consisting of consenting adults is gender. The question then becomes, is gender discrimination something we want to allow. With pedophilia, the difference is age, as one party is a minor. And age discrimination against minors for their own protection is now only legal, it's a backbone of society.

We don't allow kids to drive until they are 16-18, depending on state. We don't allow kids to watch R rated movies until they are 17. We don't allow kids to drink legally until they are 21. We don't allow kids to drop out of school until they are 16. The are also various labor laws aimed at kids under 18. And, in general, the age of consent for sex is 18, again, depending on location. Almost all of these have become stricter during the same time the sexual revolution has occurred.

Things don't occur in a vacuum, and while it's not completely out of the realm of possibility in a world where everything is possible that allowing homosexuals to marry will result in pedophilia being accepted. But examine all the evidence, and it's easy to see why that won't happen. If you still don't understand this, think of it this way. With pedophilia, the victim of the crime is a child, with a story to tell. And the victim of a homosexual encounter is whom?
  9. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    There's a lot of hand wringing, hair pulling, and gnashing of teeth for something that's not going to happen. I'd hate to see what you guys are like with real problems...
  10. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,771
    I agree. I'm unsubscribing this thread, to hell with it.
  11. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Not at all.
  12. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,818
    "I'm not saying the end of the world will happen tomorrow, but i'm saying it can happen"