Well that was disappointing

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by HungaryGator, Sep 7, 2013.

1. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    Where to begin?

OL - There were no holes for the running game. Everybody understands this was an absolutley putrid SCum Defense against the run last year right? P-U-T-R-I-D.

QB - we have none. I'm sorry. Driskel just doesn't have "it". Whether it be a complete inability to read coverages, an inability to complete 5 yard passes or to run the Offenses competently. Yes he's mobile. No, he is not a legit QB. I'm sorry, but it s true. You know it as well as I.

Skill players - we might as well start the freshman with more playmaking ability. The knock on them is they can't stop fumbling.....but the supposedly more proven Juniors and Seniors can't stop fumbling either....so hell...we might as well have the playmaking ability on the field. Lord knows the upperclassmen don't seem to have any.

and in the end what this all boils down to.....coaching. Yes the playcalling is better. We still waste a ton of plays trying to plow between the Tackles when there is no hole - even against a pathetic Defense - but....it is the coaches' job to get the Offense to execute at a level of at least basic competence. That is clearly a fialure. Can't complete 5 yard passes, can't convert in the redzone, can't kick field goals when we don't convert, can't stop turning the ball over. In short C-A-N-'T D-O A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Don't come back to me and talk about how we beat Tennessee or Arky. Big F'ing deal. We were supposed to beat them anyway. Once agian in a big game (UGA and the bowl game last year) the Offense absolutely shat the bed - wasn't even competent, let alone good. Pathetic. Things need to change or we will need to make a change of coaching staff.

YES! This F'ing game was THAT F'ing important. Spare me the support for the current adminstration and claims of how you are moderate or reasonable for blindly supporting them. This was completely UNacceptable.

Oh and to the shills for the current coaching adminstration, I'm stone cold sober so don't even try that pathetic line of "argument".
  2. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,330
    I liked the middle 2 quarters, they showed the strength of Muschamp's approach: a steady offense that held the ball protected the defense, which was able to regain its composure and play lights out. The outer 2 quarters showed the weakness of Muschamp's approach: this team cannot overcome turnovers or play from behind.
  3. GatorSean

GatorSean Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,329
    I actually thought our WRs... especially Patton and Dunbar looked great today. Probably the only positive on offense.

Moore was a HUGE disappointment on the OL. Whoever was arguing with me that we wouldn't miss Chaz is insane.

Our defense is for real. Although I still don't know what is going on in the beginning of game. They absolutely destroyed UM for 3 quarters. So why did they struggle in the first quarter? Gotta come ready to play, and that's on the coaches, big time.
  4. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Ratings Received:
    +157
    Bingo. He handicaps his offense and team with his "don't lose" offense.

We run so much clock twiddling our thumbs and huddling that the game slips away. It then becomes a loss when his philosophy of don't turn the ball over fails. He needs to come to face the fact that he can not control that and he needs to have an offense that actually can attack and score. We will lose many more games if he continues this because he can not control turnovers.