we'll only go as far as...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by lhnewman, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    Koehne started at RT but Moore replaced him at some point. IF ESPN concentrated on what is going on, on the field, instead of phantom targeting and the other stuff they obsess about, maybe they would tell us when events like that occur. But, they didn't, and you the video covarge makes it hard to follow the whole line on a continuing basis. So, I don't know when it occurred, even though I like to track the line's makeup and performance.

You would think also that someone in the media would be interested enough in the key parts of the game to ask Champ about the oline rotation in the post-game. I tend to suspect that they tried to give Moore another week to recover, but made the change for unknown reasons--Kohene injured, or just couldn't do the job at tackle? I think UK was supposed to have one very good individual rusher. Of course, I imagine with the instability on the right side of our line, that teams target them for blitzes and stunts. Koehne is a great resource, but there have to be limits to his versatility. Obviously, neither Brown nor any other options are up to snuff right now.

However, 15 of 18 passing; 250+- yds rushing speaks to decent line play along the way.
  2. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    Fla's oline got abused by Miami's dline
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,006

UF also one entire side of their OL, including the C, go out with injuries too.
  4. austin

austin VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +199
    Agree. I believe placekicking will be the death of us, in a tight game with UGA, LSU etc a missed very makeable FG will be the cause of a loss in a winnable game.
  5. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    why is there a big dropoff with the backup oline? they were highly recruited
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,006
    Too many variables to mention. Maturity, development, bad game, other nagging injuries, knowledge of the offense, etc.