Well Gators, I gave you 24 hours to heal before posting my thoughts.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Ingwe, Sep 8, 2013.

1. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,514
    A few bad plays and we had our way with you on every other level.

The Canes are horrible and are not back. They will lost a few games even against the laughable schedule.

Driskel only had an off day on a few plays because he shouldn't have been in the pocket. He completed 22 of 31 passes for 300 and your guy completed 12 of like 25 for about 180 yards.

You were handed the game and the only thing that was learned about those two teams is that we need to improve a couple play calls.

Box score shows a blow our until you look at the turnovers. You're welcome.

Don't expect to be handed games by the rest of your sorry opponents. The Gator D is very good and our offense is also way better than that crapola the Canes put out.

We lost fair and square but it pains me to see Canes here even gloating nicely. You guys won for one reason, a few plays. Dominated otherwise. Score is all that matters I know but the Cane offense is the worst I've ever seen in Miami. Some props to the defense for pouncing on our mistakes.

God I hate the Canes. Believe me I would have rather lost to a good cane team. Losing to a cranky one pains me.
  2. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    We've had a terrible offense since 2010. Safe to say the offense is still bad. Too soon to say its terrible but it is a real likelihood. Teams with bad offenses don't win a lot of games on average. We have a great defense so that masks the offense but even still we should expect to lose 4-5 games with this offense
  3. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +333
    I do have to question why a LSU fan would want to come here and post his "thoughts" after we lose. We all have our own thoughts about the game, I could care less about how other teams fans feel about it. Same gos for a Gator fan going to other boards when they lose, I just don't think it's the right thing to do. That's just me.
  4. philip214

philip214 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +406
    Go switch allegiances to south Carolina then since you appear to be so enamored with them. I'll stick with our coach and players that just went 11 and 1 last year during the regular season. You can take your impressive offense and 4 losses a year.

As for the cane troll with the rushing yards per attempt. You know whats worse than 2.8 yards per attempt? 1. Whatever the canes had. The canes with Reggie bush jr. And overrated qb couldn't do squat on offense.
  5. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,143

It will be a pleasure to prove you wrong on that one, considering we're averaging over 400 ypg on offense. Our primary problem after finally sitting down and watching and digesting the film of this game today was primarily our RZ offense, and, of course, turnovers.

People can blame Driskel all they want, but he wasn't responsible for all of our TO's nor was he responsible for the Gator D playing flat in the first quarter and giving up 14 easy points to the canes' offense.

We have to majorly clean up our RZ offense and the turnover problem more than anything and I honestly believe it's a coachable problem that can be addressed with a lot of time in the film room and the right play-calls.
  6. phillyblount

phillyblount Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +144
    I remember that peach bowl. Oh how awesome it was. Wish we could do that.....
  7. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    If the Canes are horrible, and they beat us, what does that make us?

If the Cane offense is the worst you've ever seen in Miami, and it outscored us, what does that make our offense?

:roll:

:huh:

:whistle:

:sad:
  8. SmootyGator

SmootyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +277
    Lucky?

Bad... Very bad...
  9. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,062
    5 turnovers and we still were in it all day. That was a fluke. Statistically, we dominated that game. But I'm not into moral victories and neither is coach boom. We have two weeks to work on ball security and heal up. Something tells me Tennessee is going to get the brunt of our frustration.
  10. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,514
    It makes us the deliverer of a gift. We outplayed them for almost all of the game but unfortunately for us, we gave up some major big plays that cost the game.

It's much better to view in color than black and white. Sometimes the uglier dude gets the girl and sometimes the better team loses. They completed 12 passes for under 200 yards. They sat back and let us implode. That's what they get credit for. We had like 450 yards of total offense. If you want to say that our turnovers (which were horrible) make their anemic offense better, go right ahead. Your prerogative.

Not sour grapes here either. I never mind admitting losing to a better team (in fact its easier to accept). I just truly think we are much better than them on both sides of the ball we just had a few very costly plays which in fairness, they capitalized on.
  11. GuamGator

GuamGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    The fact that we lost to an inferior team drives people to search for why. The areas we find frustrating such as terrible offense are some of the first explanations to be considered. These are the ones we have complained about for awhile and it seems our advise to correct them was ignored. That makes us angry at Muschamp. This is the second loss with a boatload of turnovers (georgia), and the second loss to an inferior team (Lousiville). In other words this is the third loss that should not have happened. There is an expectation that we had the potential to play for, and win, the national championship last year. And we should be 2-0 this year. Muschamp is not meeting those expectations. Many are upset. The general consensus is that if the offense was more adept, and less incompetent, we would have won all our games this year and last year.
    We are at a real risk of losing to Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, and FSU this year.
  12. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Honestly, this is basically what FSU fans said about our win over them last season- "We were ahead in the 4th and gave the game to you guys"-- after all they turned it over 5 times in that game.
  13. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +952
    Don't even try. It never, EVER works the other way. People talk about the games we gave away but should have won, but never talks about the games we won but probably should have lost...

Miami's defense had something to do with those turnovers, but people here had such lofty expectations of how good Florida is, while dismissing the Canes (and the ACC) completely that a loss (or even a close win) would invariably result in the usual responses: Blaming the coaching staff, the play-calling, the quarterback, the decision-making, etc. Anything but saying the other team came out to play.

These coping mechanisms are used to assuage the pain of a loss to a bitter foe. We made many mistakes on offense, and they were in part due to defensive pressure. That's why we play the games. Boom and Pease have two weeks to figure out a solid gameplan, and Driskel has two weeks to shake it off and regroup.

I still think we can win the SEC East. Georgia and USCe's defenses don't look like world beaters, and I think their offensive performance was predicated on the poor defenses they played. Right now, I am more concerned with LSU and Mizzou. Florida State is on the other end of the schedule. Too many things can happen between now and then.
  14. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    fla's D got abused early by a mediocre miami offense; then, the offense couldn't respond with any big plays. End of story.
  15. igabradley

igabradley Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +304
    thank the Lord. then again we have personality
  16. ForniGator

ForniGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Yeah, but in those cases the ugly guy is almost always rich.