Well Gators, I gave you 24 hours to heal before posting my thoughts.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Ingwe, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Ingwe

Ingwe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Where to begin? First, obviously I watched the game and I can only imagine how you feel. It is almost impossible to overcome five turnovers (although I recall LSU was able to do it against Florida in 2005).

The Bad: It wasn't just the TO's, but when and where they occurred that was really a killer. A meaningless INT on a Hail Mary at the end of the half is one thing, but to turn the ball over deep in the RZ is a no no. I would also take issue with the play calling. I thought JD was throwing it too much. You guys were running the ball pretty much at will, and yet JD continued to chunk it downfield on a day when he was obviously struggling. I think that one is on the coaches.

The Good: The Gator D is very good. Easley was dominating yesterday. It was actually kind of funny watching the Miami O-line trying to block him without mugging him (and failing). The rest of the D looked good, they were flying to the ball.

Final Analysis: I think you guys are going to have a year like we had in 2012, great D and mediocre O, which should be good enough to win most games so long as you don't have a lopsided TO margin like you did yesterday.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. g8rboy

g8rboy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +108
    Pretty much sums it up. Turnovers. That will decide the season.
  3. PowerGator

PowerGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    The only thing you said wrong was that we were running it at will. We definitely struggled to run yesterday. Other than that, fair analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  4. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,514
    A few bad plays and we had our way with you on every other level.

The Canes are horrible and are not back. They will lose a few games even against the laughable schedule.

Driskel only had an off day on a few plays because he shouldn't have been in the pocket. He completed 22 of 31 passes for 300 and your guy completed 12 of like 25 for about 180 yards.

You were handed the game and the only thing that was learned about those two teams is that we need to improve a couple play calls.

Box score shows a blow our until you look at the turnovers. You're welcome.

Don't expect to be handed games by the rest of your sorry opponents. The Gator D is very good and our offense is also way better than that crapola the Canes put out.

We lost fair and square but it pains me to see Canes here even gloating nicely. You guys won for one reason, a few plays. Dominated otherwise. Score is all that matters I know but the Cane offense is the worst I've ever seen in Miami. Some props to the defense for pouncing on our mistakes.

God I hate the Canes. Believe me I would have rather lost to a good cane team. Losing to a crappy one pains me.
  5. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +563
    Why is it PowerGator can respond to the OP with some dignity and class--yet the newbie has to come off like a smart ass kid.:no:
  6. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,514
    Do did I. I see right through this guy. He's here to gloat and that's fine but I'm gonna spit truth back at him.
  7. gregthegator

gregthegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +278
    Dude...you MAKE us LOOK bad...he's an LSU fan making some observations...gj/jeez...take reading or observations 101 class again...
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,234
    Two posts and you're calling for others to leave? :jeez: The Tiga's post was not a bad post anyway. It did seem that during the 3rd Q, we were going to get the run game going. After game one, posters were clamoring for more down-field passing. We got some of that this game, but also slung some ints.
  9. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    We had a few decent runs and a few good passes, but nothing sustained. 16 pts won't beat Ga, Tenn, LSU, SC, Vandy, FSU, these teams are playing, suiting up and getting it done with good play calling. We are not, we even struggled with Toledo. In disarray with the SEC grind coming.

When you pull back with something that is working, to be conservative and grind the ball, you have lossed the momentum we had gained in the late 3rd qtr. That is coaching and I don't know that you can fix a Rex Ryan, Steve Adazzio, etc. Hopefully the coaches will concentrate on getting the ball down the field while mixing up the play calling. We are heading into our fourth year with another ineffective offense. Getting 400 yards didn't feel good to me after saturday, satistics are for people that don't have a feel for calling plays. Playing close is loser ball in rivalry games on the road. We played right into the Canes hands. Over confident, no offensive game plan to overcome them stacking the line, trash talking when we are behind, and trying to run the ball when the other team was stuffing most of our runs. Well this is what will be happening every week in the SEC. All the teams we play have big boys, you have to be smarter with play calling or you play into the coordinator's hands of the other team. Our defense needs to have their mouths taped shut until they get a shutout win. Will is their buddy but he has to rein them in. We looked like thugs with all the talking. Winning is what the Canes wanted, they got it by good coaching, good game plan, playing hard and excecuting more than we did. It starts with the coaches, playing the right people and making good calls on both sides of the ball.
  10. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +563
    Don't bother...he'll get banned soon enough. Spell his name backwards and you'll see.
  11. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,514
    I don't make you look anything. He's here gloating and if you don't see that you go take whatever class that you said that doesn't exist.
  12. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +433
    Hehehe I agree with this. We ran at will when we ran a trick play but everything with the word 'power' in it meant 2 yards. Bama's power running gets 2 yards before initial contact.
  13. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,234
    Clever post, considering you "outed" enac w/o calling it the "t" word. :wink:
  14. gatorfan3

gatorfan3 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    How do we remain optimistic?
  15. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,514
    By realizing we actually played a decent game. Oh, and also,, it's just a game.
  16. Ingwe

Ingwe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Your pronoun usage is off, I am an LSU fan, not a Miami fan. As a matter of fact, that 40-3 beat down that we gave Miami in the 2005 Peach Bowl is one of my fondest memories.

With that said, I agree with your post, UF did dominate Miami in just about every category except the one that counts.
  17. Ingwe

Ingwe New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I agree, 16 won't do it against LSU this year. It appears that the Cam Cameron hire is really paying dividends, Mettenberger looks great and our offense is really clicking.
  18. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Honestly this is probably what it's like to be an LSU fan- ton's of talent, great recruiting, but deep down you know that your going to lose 2 or 3 games every year because your offense is mediocre-- I honestly don't know of we'll ever field an even average offense under Boom, the only real upside is that the Muschamp era might not last too long.
  19. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,293
    Did you enjoy the loss?
  20. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +1,514
    I apologize then. I don't dispise LSU fans. My bad.