Welcome back Scottie...

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ArtVandelay, Oct 3, 2013.

1. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +454
    If Yeguete is healthy and starts the first part of the season, the only way he relinquishes that starting spot is if he asks Billy to start Walker ahead of him.
  2. BEH

BEH Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Based on what I have seen of Walker, Yeguete will be on the bench. Period.
  3. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,152
    Did you say the same thing about Donnell Harvey?
  4. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,152
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. The real challenge with Yeguete--and I don't know if he was able to improve this aspect of his game due to the protracted recovery time this summer--is the lack of spacing when he and Young are on the floor together. He was pretty decent with his mid range shot and with his sneaky little dribble drive off the top of the key last year at the three, but he didn't show as much of that at the four after Wilbekin's return and Rosario taking his minutes at the three. Both Walker and Harris have more range offensively and can give us the space for Young to work on the blocks and for us to run the pick and pop off the high ball screen.

If Walker or Harris ends up starting alongside Young, it would be because our offense is not effective with Young and Yeguete in there.
  5. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,429
    Harvey had little understanding....of understanding.
  6. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +454
    It is just my opinion, but I cannot see Billy starting Wil the first part of the season and then demoting him if Walker becomes eligible. It could happen, but Chris can get the majority of the playing time even if he comes off the bench.
  7. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    As of now, I expect UF to start Young and Harris at the 4 and 5 early in the season. Of course I could be wrong and Harris like Young cold be viewed strictly asa 5. My guesss is Yeguete will probably be handled somewhat carefully once he is cleared from his operation. As for C.Walker, if eligible with zero fall practice he is likely to be even more foul prone than the typical foul prone true frosh big.
  8. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,152
    Or he couldn't play the four next to Haslem because he couldn't space the floor for UD post ups, while UD clogged the lane for his rim runs.
  9. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,152
    I think you are right that Harris is more of a combo post because he has a decent mid range jumper. If I remember correctly, he said that is what he came here to play. But it is all about who complements whom in the post. I could see Prather and/or Finney-Smith getting plenty of minutes at the four until Walker becomes eligible, too. They provide much better spacing there.
  10. qwghlmgator

qwghlmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    I'm interested to see if - after another offseason - Casey is able to bring anything to the 3. If he could effectively bring his athleticism and length to the wing, that would open so much up for this roster. I know that shooting coaches say that theoretically you can teach shooting to anyone, but did Casey shoot the 10,000+ jumpers this Summer that he would need to (at least somewhat) consistently hit 15-18 footers? Hopefully he hooked up with Corey Brewer and they locked themselves in some gym for three months. :grin:
  11. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +454
    Yeguete is an excellent passer from the high post, among other good skills. He also can shut down power forwards because he moves his feet so well.
  12. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,152
    Excellent passer? He has made some nice passes at times, but he has also been a turnover machine (as has Prather at the three). Defensively, I agree, but I don't think he complements Young very well in the post unless we go small on the perimeter by putting Frazier at the three.