Weight Loss Challenge

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by craawfish, Jan 17, 2014.

1. craawfish

craawfish New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Hey everyone. Let me introduce myself first. My name is Kevin Grant and I am a Florida grad with two degrees in Mechanical Eng. ('92) and Material Science & Eng. ('92). I often look at these forums but I guess I am definitely more of a lurker than a poster. Hopefully you wont hold that against me too much when I ask my favor.

I am on a team of five in a weight loss challenge. We are trying to each lose about 16-17% of our weight in about 3 months. We are pretty confident we can do this, and if anyone wants to know our techniques I would be glad to share (spoiler: lots of exercise and dieting). The problem is that part of the contest is getting votes. That is where I need your help. If any of you could click the link below and look for the Team "The Fat Fighters" and vote for us, I would greatly appreciate it. The ask to you to be logged in to facebook but that is just to make sure you are a real person. You don't have to post it if you don't want to.

https://www.healthywage.com/leaderboards/team_standings/?team_challenge=49&secondary_filter=1

Look for team "The Fat Fighters"

Thanks ahead of time everyone. And as always GOOO GATORS!
  2. lwg8tr

lwg8tr Member

Ratings Received:
    +36
    Hopefully this is not about the scale and the number it shows, because I could give you a skinny\fat program for that which will show dramatic numbers on the scale but send your LDL and triglycerides up in the danger zone, elevate your blood pressure, add 5 years of aging on your joints, make great strides towards type 2 diabetes, and make anyone predisposed to depression into a depression. That plan, simply count calories, do chronic cardio 5 days a week, eats lots of whole grains, extra lean meats and chicken or be vegan, eat lots of low fat dairy, plenty of NutraSweet and have a big carb filled breakfast every morning including a useless egg white omelet, lots of low fat sugar free yogurt and plenty or high fructose fruit like bananas or grapes. Avoid all good fats like lard, butter, ghee for lots of polyunsaturated oils like canola and corn oil. Not to mention have lots of High Fructose Corn syrup laden diet foods like light salad dressings, fat free desserts and breads. Throw in a useless exercise program which you were not genetically predisposed for like running or doing 50 miles on a bike or elliptical, or better yet focus on a weight training regime which does not true train to muscular failure with proper form. You can be sure to suffer form adrenal fatigue, suffer awful cravings, be hungry all the time and the weeks and months after your challenge is over you will blow up like a balloon worse than you did before. But hey good luck!