Week Two predictions.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Gatorstooth, Sep 1, 2013.

1. T3goalie

T3goalie VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    21-10 UM. Miami will score some points and i expect our D to get worn out becuase of how poorly th offense will produce. UF's offense still looks like it drives with one foot on the brakes. Toledo's D blows chunks with 1 returning stater, 116 vs pass, 109 total defense... UF Offense is the cure to insomnia. I went, i saw, i damn near fell asleep in the Swamp yesterday.. The 2nd half was brutal . those who think otherwise should go to the games. Thier are plenty of seats available.
  2. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,090
    I think he brought it with him in the moving van, but Muschamp promptly threw it in Lake Alice. "Kitchen sink? We don't need no stinking kitchen sink!"
  3. wulimaster

wulimaster Member

Ratings Received:
    +84
    I guess I'm a pessimist. It was hard to tell from the stands how we look awesome enough to predict a win against UM. Then again, I'm not the x'iest and o'iest mofo of all time. My gut says we drop this one but I hope I'm wrong.

UM 30
    UF 24
  4. MusicCityGator

MusicCityGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,301
    30-13
    I wanted to say 30-9, but shutting them down for no TD's is asking to much.
  5. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,090
    The game is won at the LOS. In the trenches UF has UM outmatched on offense and especially on defense. It won't take high stimulation offensive play-calling to beat them. It probably won't even take 21 points. I don't know how Miami's going to move the sticks against our defensive front. Their OL is average even by ACC standards.

I expect our offense to be more aggressive, but it will still be playing a down and distance, clock-eating style. We'll break big plays because we have game breakers.

Miami scores four FGs, then gets a late TD when our scrubs and eventual redshirts are on the field.

31 - 19 UF
  6. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,406
  7. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    Not sure how anyone considers Miami coaching equal. I liked Golden fine when he was DC at UVA--not great but ok. He is a good recruiter and, of course, is in recruiting heaven. OTH, the job Muschamp and company did last year was phenomenal, and if anything he upgraded the staff this year. Except for the loss of Quinn, and I think that is going to work out ok.

I am not sure why anyone would knock Driskel's performance. Completed 77%. No ints. Of course the one shot he took down field hit the receiver in the worst possible place, in the hands-in stride. I would bet that he can do that again, and maybe more than once.

I just don't think Champ brought in those quality receivers to not use them. He will use them. Saturday the starting right side of the OLINE was absent. Among other things, like 17 points in the first half, it could be that they just did not want to risk Driskel standing in the pocket very long when they were not too sure of what to expect on the right side. Oh, and the Gators did have a TD brought back, and another holding call totally negated the drive.

One other point. Even the announcers on SECN commented that the Toledo all everything center was cheating with fake snaps, and pulling Easley off. Those off side penalities helped Toledo keep the ball, and keep Gator O off the field in the 2nd half.

Next week is a different story. There are some Gators who sat this week, who should have something to prove. Brown ran well; but he is not Jones. Don't think Miami can stop him; and I think the offense will start to open up as well. Morrison and company will be frantic to hit someone. Miami is improving. They are not at Gator level by any stretch of anyone's imagination..

UF 31
    Mia 10
  8. ACCecil

ACCecil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    I can't name you a win Golden has had while being an underdog while at Miami because I can't remember all the games or lines to those games. I know Golden has held the ship together is very difficult circumstances and Miami is on the cusp of being back in the national mix and all it would take is a win against UF at home to get that done. Saying the coaching staffs are equal is not me taking a shot at Muschamp and his staff. Muschamp and his staff have also done a great job.

I think the coaching in THIS GAME will even out. Neither side will get much of an advantage on THIS GAME from being out coached. I also think Miami will hang with UF athletically, although UF has the depth and athletic advantage, thus, Miami will need the breaks to fall its way. If they do, Miami will win book it and take it to the bank and feel free to haze me if they don't. Repeat, Miami will need a few breaks to win. If Miami gets those breaks they will win. Don't misquote me later.
  9. rmonteag

rmonteag Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    Saw nothing to convince me that we would beat scUM

UF 17
    UM 24
  10. manigordo

manigordo Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +259
    Fair enough. Everyone deserves an opinion. Wanna bet???? I mean a big bet?? Cause I know a bit about both staffs and believe (enough to bet big) you are wrong.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,001
    What's the bet, and how would you ever prove who has a better coaching staff?
  12. GatorBait19

GatorBait19 Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Nice buck up or shut up
    • Like Like x 1
  13. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +376
    The difficulty is that Miami Florida, despite having only 3 fans in the stands, is a very difficult place historically for Gator teams to win, no matter how much better than the Canes they were.

Most of you are too young to remember the bad old days of George Mira and the likes of Ted Hendricks, but those histories have a tendency to continue.

I expect a tough game. The Gators should win, but it might be more like 17-14, depending on just how bad Miami really is, the upper range might be as high as 28-3.
  14. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,001
    Why would that be relevant? Not only a different generation, it's a different stadium.
  15. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,064
    I am going with this too.
  16. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Didn't we win a National Championship there?
  17. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,996
    What exactly did you see from Miami to convince you they would beat us?
  18. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    Miami game will be on the shoulders of our defensive backs in my opinion. Miami will score some big plays, giving UF a few more kickoffs to score with. 21-10 is probably what should happen, but the rivalry and the aforementioned will make it closer and with a few more scores.

31-27 UF
  19. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    I don't think that was against Miami
  20. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    I think you're right to say Muschamp is a much better coach than Golden, but you're silly to say Muschamp wasn't the favorite against UGA last year.