1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

We...still...control...our...own...destiny

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by EZE2005, Oct 12, 2013.

1. eastowest

eastowest Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    8 of his 10 loses away from home.
  2. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +694
    I'm not sure if that's necessarily true. There were a couple of plays where he hit our WRs in the back because of a miscommunication. Shows that he was getting the ball to them when he expected them to be open.
  3. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +38
    Sorry, but we aren't winning the east!

Our offense is not solid enough for that. We lose 2 more games in a similar fashion to how we did today. Too much adversity to overcome, not enough line to protect our inexperienced QB. Do not underestimate the defenses we still have to play, they are getting better every week, while we may have peaked offensively. We have an up hill battle st best!
  4. mikechap93

mikechap93 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    The passes to the receivers backs were supposed to be hot routes picked up by the receiver and the qb. Robinson May not have picked it up but I thought trey burton pointed it out presnap and still didn't adjust his route. It's how you beat outside blitzes and would have worked had the wr's done their jobs (they played well I'm just being critical)
  5. mikechap93

mikechap93 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    The passes to the receivers backs were supposed to be hot routes picked up by the receiver and the qb. Robinson May not have picked it up but I thought trey burton pointed it out presnap and still didn't adjust his route. It's how you beat outside blitzes and would have worked had the wr's done their jobs (they played well overall, just I'm just being critical)
  6. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,383
    We still have yet to give up more than 20 points. Our D is fine without him. IT'S THE OFFENSE.
  7. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +488
    I'm pretty confident by the evening of Nov 2 we will be out of it, and it might even be by next Sat afternoon even without James Franklin playing for Mizzou. I just don't see how we score against good teams, and make no mistake Mizzou is a good team. They should have beaten us last year with a gimpy Franklin.
  8. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +2,383
    Mettenberger completed a whopping 9 passes for 152. What do you think Mizz's (BACKUP) will do. We're going to slap him around. I think we beat Mizz. It may be a close game, but I think we leave with a win. The game that scares me is Carolina. Fsu is at home, and I believe JW will be running for his life. He hasn't faced an elite defense. UGA is in complete disarray. It's not all doom and gloom yet.

Now if we do lose to Mizz, I may find a cliff! Lol
  9. garygator

garygator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    Theoretically we could upset either USC or UGA, end up 6-2 in the conference and prevail in some tiebreaker scenario. We got a huge break with Franklin's injury and Vandy looks like the Vandy of old. My guess is we won't play either USC or UGA as close as we played LSU today, but it's not unthinkable.
  10. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,045
    With you EZ, halfway through the SEC slate and we're in control of our destiny with 1 sure SEC win ahead of us and then Missouri, Vanderbilt, and Carolina all as winnable games as well.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,706
    yes we do control our own destiny, but the main thing here is a change of philosophy by Muschamp.

This team is a direct representation of who he is and how he believes football games should be played and won. he lives mostly in the past IMO.

"Adapt or perish" as an old acquaintance on the inter used to say in his sign-off line.

This medicated, lethargic offensive personality needs to be shelved and the offense spread out and allowed to be aggressive.

Sometimes, you're just going to have to score 30 points to win, and I honestly don't know how this team is not scoring a 28 - 30 ppg average with the talent level on it's roster. Sometimes, you just have to hold the coaching responsible.
  12. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +488
    Mett completed 9 because that is all he had to complete. Les knew all he had to do was hand the ball off to Hill, and punt on 4th down if necessary. He knew we weren't going to score. Mizz's backup and Pinkel can do the exact same thing. Their run game is pretty good, and Mizzou's D will just blitz the heck out of us like LSU did.

As for JW running for his life, how many sacks did we get exactly against the slow-footed Mettenburger when he finally faced an elite defense?
  13. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    If uf wins out & beats Alabama will they play for the crystal?
  14. AlfaGator

AlfaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +527
    No. We have 2 loses.
  15. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +2,383
    @ LSU > @ Mizz. and it's not even close. And they will have a back up qb. too! We will force turnovers. And I believe Pease/Boom will open it up from the get go. 6 points is enough to get everyone's attention. This team will be playing angry next Saturday, book it. They know what's on the line...

As for forcing sacks, it's not all about sacks, my friend. It's also about hurries, hits on the quarter back, forcing bad throws.....etc. JW will be harassed all day. Don't forget, he's a freshman. They tend to get rattled easily. Unless your name is manziel. Lol there are exceptions to the rule! :joecool:
  16. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    :yes:
  17. SkyChimp

SkyChimp VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +229
    Originally Posted by Swampmaster::
    If uf wins out & beats Alabama will they play for the crystal?

Just like last year, Oregon and Kansas State took a loss that bumped Bama ahead of them in the rankings. If Oregon, OSU, or Clemson take a loss AND we beat Bama in the SECCG, then I think its possible to play for the crystal.