We Played LSU W/out Top Player at Every Off. Position Group

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by qwghlmgator, Oct 14, 2013.

1. GolphinGator

GolphinGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +238
    Yea, it could hurt the players feelings and drop the offensive production.:tongue:
  2. GeomatGator

GeomatGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +16
    Reading the original post it made me think of that famous line from My Cousin Vinny .... "Everything that guy just said is bull----"

It didn't matter that those players were out, it would have been the same lame-brain offense we've trotted out the last 3 years. Debose is not a deep threat because we don't throw deep. And I don't remember him making ANY impact last year in the passing geme. Murphy is better than Driskel. Having Chaz Green or any other linemen wouldn't have helped against the pass rush because our pass-block scheme is ultra-simplistic. Matt Jones going down actually got a BETTER running back on the field.

So no, injuries are not why we lost at LSU or why our team is going crashing downhill faster than Sonny Bono. It has to do with our 1970s coaching philosophy.
  3. UF67ee

UF67ee Member

Ratings Received:
    +81
    6 points
  4. DuPontGator

DuPontGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +129
    Ouch
  5. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +893
    I think Tyler has done a better job this year than Driskel had done at the same point last year. In fact, the best we saw last year ended with the LSU game. It took him 4 games to amass the yards that Manziel could do in one game. But, he managed the game well enough. This year he looked great in one game - Toledo. He had good stats in the Miami game except he coughed up a season's worth of fumbles and interceptions. Then in the Tennessee game, he breaks his leg at the same time he throws a god awful pick 6. Tyler comes off the bench and wins games. Even though we lost to LSU, Tyler kept his poise in a game I think Driskel would have had several turnovers.
  6. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +631
    Yup. You knew there was going to be criticism handed down to everybody, and naturally Tyler Murphy is now getting a heap of blame.

It's kind of hard to be effective when you're getting chased and swallowed up by 300 lb. linemen every time you drop back. I guarantee there isn't a quarterback in the SEC who could've survived the Field of Fat Murphy was trapped in all afternoon.

The truth is, a quarterback usually is only as good as the fellas up front.