We can thank Urban Meyer for the 2012 season

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GeomatGator, Oct 22, 2013.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,837
    In addition to problems with players having poor mindsets and effectively having to be run out to fix the problem, thereby making the team thinner in depth... Meyer left pockets of great talent, and pockets with little to no talent - on OL, RB and WR in particular. The numbers he left at OL were absolutely horrible, and we all knew the WR and RB recruiting had both gone down the tubes.
  2. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,367
    On another thread, I counted the number of players that was recruited by one coach and played for his successor three years later:

Indeed, looking at the last few coaches. Numbers of players who played at least one game for the previous coach that was still playing three years later.

Spurrier players for Zook, 2004:

Corey Bailey, Matt Leach and OJ Small.

Total: 3

Zook players for Meyer, 2007:

Bubba Caldwell, Tate Casey, Javier Estopinan, Derrick Harvey, Kyle Jackson, Marcus Manson, Clint McMillan, Drew Miller, Eric Rutledge, Phil Trautwein, Jason Watkins.

Total: 11

Meyer players for Muschamp, 2013

Jon Halapio, Jonathan Harrison, Kyle Koehne, Tim Clark, Jaylen Watkins, Darrin Kitchens, Dominic Easley, Solomon Patton, Trey Burton, Brad Phillips, Jeremy Brown.

Total: 11

Total lost starters:

2002-4: 38
    2005-7: 30
    2011-13: 30
  3. RemainCalm

RemainCalm Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +318
    I am just curious. I totally tuned UM out and wrote him off the moment he walked off of campus. The only time I noticed him was on the BCS game show and he looked terrified on the set just having to be in the building with Saban. Anyway, didn't the Florida is a broken program junk start about the same time Diggs had a heavy lean toward UF right before signing day and UM was looking for anything to flip him to TOSU?

I'm so sorry, but this was/is not a rebuild from the ground up. What a load of bs. You want to see a rebuild from the ground up, go look at what Southern Miss is going thru 2 years removed from winning it's conference with a beat down of a top 10 ranked Houston team in Houston. 0-18 and counting. They literally look like a junior college after Ellis Johnson coached them for 1 season.
  4. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +406
    just that the two times that it happened in back to back yrs we had a heisman trophy winner as a qb, thats all. As for the deep talent pool in which Urban left us, thanks for all those O linemen you got for us when you quit and then came back and then quit again. And to the OP you can thank the spasm if you want but I ain't one of them.:sick:
  5. SkyChimp

SkyChimp VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +181
    Its worth a try