We Are Going to Crush Them Everywhere’: Care to Guess Who’s Behind This Prediction for Tea Party

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,011
    The RINO's, IMHO are equally to blame for not getting rid of several spending measures not the least of which is gutting our military with a crazy Putin on the loose.

That, and the 'pole dancing' that the RINO's are fond of doing - pole dancing is when a politician forget s who voted for him/her and decides to make all of their policies (and forget their principles in the process) based on how events are "poling". One glaring example was during the government shut-down when the RINO's had the Dems by the short-hairs and then suddenly saw the poles and capitulated to the Dems on the budget... again.

This is why the Dems like the RINO's even if they're not publically admitting as much, and they're with the RINO's in lock step with their disparaging of the Tea Party. The RINO's and the Dems are one and the same.
  2. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,334
    There is no question that most of the old school republicans have to go. They allowed themselves to be corrupted during the first six years of the GWB administration. I would rather see the hard-core democrats get replaced first (preferably by republicans), to avoid another fiasco like the first two years of the Obama administration.

There are a few differences between RINO's and democrats. Both are loose with money and short on principles, and lack any sign of long-term thinking or planning ability. If turned loose, democrats would turn the manufacturing segment of the economy over to unions, for one thing, and republicans (even RINO's) wouldn't. Democrats would dramatically expand gov't to become more and more intrusive into our lives (soft drink taxes), and republicans wouldn't. Democrats tend to go overboard on handouts, although GWB did that a lot, too.

I don't really think the military has been gutted. It really needs some effort spent on modernizing and coordinating spending activities (spare parts, etc.). Spending hurts military effectiveness more than it should because Congressmen on both sides of the aisle view military spending more as a means to support their state's economy than to protect the nation. So the wrong spending gets protected.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dip_shit_#14

Dip_shit_#14 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Obama is awful

I do long for the good ole days. :)
  4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
    Some really would not vote for a candidate because people label someone a "rino" (typically for being fiscally irresponsible)?

Okay. Sensitive much...
  5. dynogator

dynogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +299
    The Tea Party can't win if they don't run. I also read a story yesterday in the Huff Post about a tiff between the Tea Party candidate and the establishment incumbent, how the NRA is backing the incumbent, a friend and supporter of Boehner's.

"Colorado state Sen. Owen Hill (R) announced Monday that he is dropping his Senate bid, Colorado Peak Politics reports, leaving Rep. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) without a strong primary challenger as he runs to unseat Sen. Mark Udall (D-Colo.) in November.

"Hill, who had the support of the Tea Party Express, initially refused to drop out of the race and said that Gardner had pressured him to do so."

“Today I am ending my campaign for the U.S. Senate,” Hill wrote in his email to supporters. “Thank you for your relentless help and encouragement during this journey. Congressman Cory Gardner has the best chance of defeating Mark Udall in November and I pray that he does.”

"This is the exact same corruption and back-room deals that have caused the Republican party to lose elections year after year," Hill told the Colorado Springs Gazette in February."
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +235
    Tea = Taxed Enough Already. Sounds right to me.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +370

Are you a freak if you think the US has had a Constitution for 400 years? Or just stupid? ;)
  8. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +370
    So much correctness all rolled into 3 short paragraphs.

Repped
  9. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,477
    That may just be stupid, because it's just being flat out wrong on facts standing alone rather than being flat out wrong on facts because you're convinced of some weird conspiracy. :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,011
    RINO's are just big spending war hawks with no conceptual palate for balancing the budget. Even Ryan's budget proposal a couple of years ago had no balanced budget in the end.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,065
    don't for get pelosi
  12. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +410
    For anyone to equate the problems in our country to the the tea party is just bizarre. Nothing but another another liberal and rino bogeyman.
  13. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,334
    Exactly. The Tea Party is a small fringe party that is trying to make a statement (specifically, that the government is spending too much money). They are performing a valuable service, because up to this point, neither the democrats or republicans have been interested in making that statement. The Tea Party would not even be relevant, IF THE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS COULD LEARN TO COMPROMISE. With compromise, the Tea Party votes would not matter. Having incompetent presidents like GWB and BHO means that compromise on policy details is not an option. As long as you have a temporary majority, you can start burning bridges, and then wonder later where all that goodwill went. The leaders of both parties are arrogant and help to promote this system.

I think some of this is a result of not having a superpower capable of challenging us and competing with us. During the 1970's and 80's, everyone in Congress knew that the Soviets were a serious threat. Policy differences usually took a back seat to getting things done to keep up the pace with the perception of Soviet power, so there were a lot more compromises and deals made between parties. Nowadays, the other party is seen as the main enemy of the American people, and that party needs to be defeated and annihilated. The "republicans want to carve up all the poor people and eat them", and the "democrats want to spend us to oblivion and create a nanny state and a nation of beggars".
  14. vertigo0923

vertigo0923 night owl mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,695
    i'm not mitch's biggest fan. but he's crushing his 'tea party' opponent, to the tune of 26 pts.
    and i'd rather have mitch, as hard to stomach as it is, compared to another tea party candidate.
    the devil you know.

meanwhile, he and his democrat challenger, alison grimes, have been in a statistical dead heat.
    so far, i'm smilin'
  15. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,695
    jeez chem. a point of agreement for us. bolded above.
  16. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,695
    they're not commies. none of them is commies, but the rinos are simply republicans that still know how to compromise with the other party. compromise does not create either RINOS or DINOS.

it's impossible
  17. vertigo0923

Ratings Received:
    +5,695
    no we're wondering, i think, why there was no tea party or tea party candidates thru much of the first decade of this millenium.
  18. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,953
    Well, if you want to ask why no one was picketing about the Patriot Act and are now screaming bloody murder about ACA, I guess the only defense is the Claus Von Bulow vs OJ Simpson dynamic. Each has their crowd. Personally, the big brain fart on W's time wasn't the foreign policy initiatives but deciding it was a good idea to burn our food for fuel. That was entirely a ADM payback thing. And I have no problem with anyone liberal calling out these bad ideas, just understand that political incompetence and base manipulation comes in a LOT of flavors. And giving Obama a Nobel prize for...being a political lightweight in a state known for political corruption, is a little too unicorns and rainbows to be on the correct side of the aisle.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,742
    I would hope McConnell isn't balls out ignorant enough to think that -- if not for the Tea Party, nothing changes for him, except that Nancy Pelosi has been speaker for right years. No Tea Party, no House. The Tea Party is literally all that the GOP has going for it right now, nothing else.
  20. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,367
    Kind of ridiculous to hear Paul Ryan claim there are no racial connotations to his reference to 'inner city'
    • Agree Agree x 1