WBB vs Alabama 1/30

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by G2MGA, Jan 30, 2014.

1. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    Gators got the win tonight 75-67. Seemed like a sloppy game where the Gators really struggled to distance themselves yet still pretty much led wire to wire. Nice shooting from 3 by both teams, but Needles and Svete both being on makes a huge difference for UF. From what I saw, that may have been the best game Svete has ever played at UF. Now if only we could get Peoples and Miller back on track offensively...

Gators are now 5-3 in the SEC at the half way point, well positioned in the top half of the league. Next up at last place 1-7 Ole Miss is another must-win going into a backloaded schedule.
  2. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    Also worth noting that Begic (6-ft freshman MF on the soccer team) was on the bench and is reportedly now practicing with the WBB team. No idea what her basketball skill level is, but presumably she'll be the 9th body if needed sometime later in the season.
  3. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    It's a shame that they were playing at the same time as the men. Its nice to hear that they picked up the win tonight. A win this weekend equals last season's SEC win total with 7 regular season games remaining. Hopefully, this means a two or three win improvement.
  4. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +309
    After the Tennessee loss, it was clear that the make-or-break point of the season was going to be this 7-game stretch against the bottom half of the SEC. With Georgia and Kentucky struggling much more than I thought they would, we can add them in the batch of very winnable games. So far we have won 2, have to keep pushing in the next 5 games, because our last 3 games will be pretty tough to win (@South Carolina, @Vanderbilt, vs. Texas A&M).
  5. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    I was wondering who that was but I have to say, at first i thought it was a dude!

Overall a good effort but there were still defensive breakdowns that left bama players open for easy baskets. Williams play is improving as she showed moments of good basketball. Their defense was very good as they held bama to several shot clock violations.
  6. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +228
    Awesome! Bama was on a bit of a roll, so this was an important win.