WBB: UF vs UK Sun, Jan 5 3:00 PM

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by enviroGator, Jan 3, 2014.

1. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +577
    As I said in the other thread, they just had to pull off one or two upsets to make this different from last season. Huge huge start toward accomplishing that.

Missed the game, anybodt able to summarize the flow of the game? Clearly Williams played different than she has last few games
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    Great win for the Gators! vs top 10 team, on the road in league play! big big plus! now, just need to continue to build on it. things are looking up. maybe this will get a few more rowdies in the stands to help get more wins!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    Great win for the Gators! vs top 10 team, on the road in league play! big big plus! now, just need to continue to build on it. things are looking up. maybe this will get a few more rowdies in the stands to help get more wins!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    Never been a Butler hater. More like a 'doubter'. Never the less, a good win. I was not able to watch the game today so I will have to wait for the replay in a couple of days.
  5. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    I went back and looked at the last couple of seasons to see if this was the case. They've done well against teams in the bottom third of the league (Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Alabama). They had two losses, Ole Miss and Missouri, that were part of a five game losing streak that started with a 3 point over time loss to UT. Those were games they had no business losing.

In my opinion, they need to win games like today. Historically, they haven't been able to finish. In 2013, they lose by 7 at UK, by 3 in OT to UT and single digit losses to ranked teams like UGA, South Carolina and Texas A&M.

In the SEC, there's about a four game difference between the haves and the have nots. This road win should give them the confidence they need. I see 10 wins on their schedule and they just turned one guaranteed loss into a win.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +228
    While this team took awhile to start playing well, during this win streak they have not been playing down to the level of competition. Several poor teams have been buried.

Time will tell, but I'm not expecting much let down from these ladies. They are playing hard, and now have some confidence in themselves and their coach. Should be a fun season to watch.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    I haven't watched them yet, not easy to do here in the Northeast. From what I've read though, Williams gives them something they haven't had much of in recent years. She's an elite front court talent. The more she can stay on the floor and avoid foul trouble, the better everyone around her gets.

Something tells me that yesterday is just the beginning in regards to her contributions.
  8. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    Williams will be very special in time. She will really be an even greater threat when we can play her primarily as a 3/4 instead of the 5. (Dimaite, Lorenzen, Copeland next year)
  9. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
  10. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +228
    Williams had a good game, but I wouldn't say she is the difference in this team. Bonds is playing great, and Peoples has been too. If anything, I'd say Williams had the a "coming out" party in this game. You could see it in her in this game that she is starting to feel she is the best player on the court. I think we will see big things from her in the future.