WBB: Miss St vs UF, Thursday March 6, SEC Tourney, 2nd round

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by enviroGator, Mar 6, 2014.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    NCAA is a done deal now. Beating UK a third time with them having a buy and us with a short bench.... going to be a tough challenge. Williams is so talented but having no experience and being forced to play the post is killing us because of her fouls. Bannister is starting to play like she is getting back to her self after the hand injury. We just need Miller to get going again and Williams to play smarter and we can win some more games.
  2. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Happy Birthday to Coach Butler as well.... nice present with the win. I was wondering why our pep band was playing Happy Bday.
  3. missourigator

missourigator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +135
    Bring on Conn.!!! Wow this stuff from Colo. is pretty good.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Lol...sadly that is who we will get. Our last two trips to the NCAA we got UConn and Baylor, who both went on to win it all, in the second round.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +442
    Well better hope for an 11-seed then. That way you can avoid playing the top teams and possibly have a legit chance at a Sweet Sixteen.
  6. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    I would prefer an 11 to 7,8,9, or 10.... of course it's tough because you are going to play on someone's home court most likely regardless. A Sweet 16 would do wonders for recruiting but we are going to need a good draw to have a shot.
  7. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,224
    I know EastTNG8TR is confident, but before tonight ESPN still had UF as one of the last 4 in as did collegesportsmadness so a few conference tournament upsets and we would be sweating again. While I agree that the odds look good, a win over Kentucky would take away any doubt.
  8. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    @ora, that is true, but what I don't understand is that they have Vandy in above us, despite us having a better conference record and us beating them @ their home. Can't say I understand why/how some teams are rated above us.
  9. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    I don't put a ton of stock into the RPI. Going by it LSU would be a 3/4 seed. They have their SOS as #1 but I just don't see it. They lost like 7 straight to close out SEC play and finished below us in the SEC... I can't imagine any scenario where the NCAA takes LSU, Georgia, or Vanderbilt but doesn't take UF who finished higher than all three. Could it happen? Anything is possible but there were would be a lot explaining to do on that one. Maybe Auburn winning an automatic bid would make us sweat it a little but I still can't see Vandy before UF even then.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  10. number1

Ratings Received:
    +442
    I can see them taking LSU and Georgia simply because Georgia swept us and LSU beat us. Now with Vanderbilt, they would definitely have to explain that one. Keep an eye on the Big 10 tournament, because Ohio State beat Penn State.
  11. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +624
    The Selection Committee could do just what the men's tournament does..Reward those teams that toughen up their non-conf schedule, and penalize those that have a schedule like UF.
  12. number1

Ratings Received:
    +442
    The only that really helped our schedule was St. Johns and Oregon State surprisingly having above-average seasons.