Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by deathroll, Jun 5, 2014.
But, since you seem to want to continue your rant, Raid, I'll try and help you understand. I'm not in any way shifting blame. It is your post that brings up the concept of a "contrast" in appearance and these young lady's femininity. If you don't believe that, you can refer to your post. Additionally, can you not see that there are absolutely zero mentions of "elephants" or "manly" features before YOUR post and that both of these cruel terms are brought about because of and immediately after YOUR post? Coincidence? Is that really what you believe? Raid, it is your words and your thoughts that ANY right thinking person should take issue with. Not the end of the world but yes, offensive. I can appreciate the fact that you did not mean to denigrate anyone but as soon as you contrast one girl's appearance and/or feminine features vs. another, you've done just that. Sorry you think so ill of me. Go Girls! Go Gators!
Some girls are prettier than others. That is a fact. Get over it. To point it out, to admire it, to talk about it is not offensive. You are so over the top PC you have lost all reason-ability.
Whatever. It has now become very apparent that you are either purposely ignoring the negative comments that you wrote or are not bright enough to understand the difference between admiring beauty vs. contrasting and denigrating women for being "not as feminine or pretty" (your words).
And it's not just me that understands, I believe Madduxfan summed up his thoughts on the subject pretty darn well when he wrote - "I do think that criticizing any athlete at the WCWS for looking "manly" or "un-feminine" is utterly low-rent and out of bounds, even if they play for Alabama."
Saying someone is "not as feminine or pretty" is not denigrating women and does not say they are manly or un-feminine. As for Madduxfan's comments, they are most appropriately directed towards those who posted such comments above by other posters, one of whom called Alabama players elephants (note, I said not one word about Alabama players so it is not directed at me in the first place) and not to someone who said what I said. The same is true regarding your assault on my comments. But, you have not once addressed the ones who said such offensive things, but have decided to wage a war with me over nothing. That is disingenuous of you.
The sad thing is that you have made this thread into a silly example of Internet message board grandstanding on a non-issue.
Here is the sum total of my opinion:
We have a great softball team. They are dominant. They are great athletes. They also care about how they look as they fix their hair and use their make-up. They are feminine and powerful and are so beyond some other teams. They are pretty and are even prettier than some other teams. I like that very much.
If you think it is offensive, then the problem resides with you and the other PC Nazi's and thought police out there. Add that you do not even address those who posted ugly things about other teams that actually might have some merit toward being offensive, then what we have here is just someone (you) who is engaging in bantering in an antagonistic non-productive manner. Therefore, I am doing now what I should have done earlier, which is : I do not care one thing about what you have to say anymore because you have proven that you are disingenuous, and I am not extending this discussion.
Gonna help you with a few FACTS, Raid. It was your ugly post that:
1. did NOT just innocently bring up women's appearance and femininity but instead contrasted them
2. described looks and femininity as contributing factors to superiority
3. immediately resulted in the next poster describing ladies as elephants
4. spawned the very next poster to describe ladies as manly
5. compelled me to call out your comments as inappropriate and offensive
6. compelled Madduxfan to address comments (not other people's comments as you have tried to claim but YOURS and others, Raid) as "low-rent" and "out of bounds", specifically referencing not only the term manly and the reference to Alabama but YOUR femininity comment Raid.
7. has had you ignoring what you actually wrote but instead attempting to spin the words you actually wrote
8. has resulted in you conveniently ignoring the ugliness that is your post and proof of that fact in that there were no (absolutely zero) negative comments prior to your post but 2 in a row immediately after you started the ugliness.
9. has you trying to defend your words and thoughts by repeatedly lashing out at the initial individual that objected to them (good ole me)