1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Watching Sara's CPAC Keynote Address..only halfway thru...and she deserves four yrs. as POTUS...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by beanfield, Mar 8, 2014.

1. beanfield

beanfield Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    She has so much common sense..she reminds me of Newt...NOW TELL ME WHY or why NOT...AND NO B. S. .....
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    Not for anything, but at least people can't say that you don't have a sense of humor!

[​IMG]
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. beanfield

beanfield Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    Expected a little more than that..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    Can't say I did from yours
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. beanfield

beanfield Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    O.K. Gotcha...Next??
  6. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,158
    First, you think Bush will go down as the greatest president of the past 50 years, and now Palin. Pretty hard to take that seriously.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. beanfield

beanfield Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    Gotcha...Next??
  8. beanfield

beanfield Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +222

Please don't slight me... Why do you think she would not make a good POTUS??
  9. ncgatr1

ncgatr1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +877
    The Dems can only dream for Palin, in reality they will get either a Cruz/Rubio ticket or a Rand/Rubio. Ted Cruz will a absolutely destroy Hillary in a debate. It is not by coincidence the GOP has elected him to go after Hillary. He has been digging info on her for two years now and has built quite an arsenal against her. I suspect this is the game plan. He is also very articulate and a very good litigator. A Cruz/Rand ticket would be formidable too.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    The electorate has rightly noted that buffoons who take hucksters like Palin seriously can't be allowed to set our national direction.

Until the right voluntarily chooses to leave the kids' table and work with grownups, they will continue to ride the bench.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ncgatr1

ncgatr1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +877
    Palin is not taken seriously in the inner circles as a legitimate contender in 16', as much as the left assumes or wishes. She is purely a spark plug and speaker. Hillary will have to contend with Cruz.
  12. beanfield

beanfield Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    Why do you think she is a huckster?? And I would like Specifics...
  13. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    She's quite possibly the least electable person imaginable for either party to run, so you can think she "deserves it" as much as you want, and the rest of us can rest easy with the knowledge that it would never happen. (Seriously, nominate her if you want to see something impressive. The Democrats could run literally anyone against her and win. If they ran a moderate she might even lose registered Republicans - I know a whole lot who have explicitly said they would never even consider voting for her.)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,159
    I don't know that it will be Cruz - I think there are 3, maybe even 4 names, who are bigger and more likely. Rand Paul, Rubio, Jeb Bush, and now even Perry and Huckabeee are resurfacing. I don't think Cruz is as serious as some of them.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,224
    Why do you expect a thoughtful response based on your original post? Why don't you "TELL US WHY" she would be a good president before demanding the opposite from us?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,158
    I still don't quite believe you are serious. But Palin is ridiculous on every single level. An incredible lack of knowledge (Africa is a continent????) on pretty much all issues. She's there for comic relief and nothing more.
    There's zero chance that even the GOP is stupid enough to nominate her. But on one hand, I guess I'd like it because it would insure another Democratic president. But it'd also depress me that one of our two political parties would do that.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,159
    Hyperbole much? She's less electable that Ted Nugent? She's unelectable in my opinion, but at least attempt reasonable - there's a reason why she's still in the news constantly, and it's because there are a lot of people that like her. I don't care for her, she's just a mouthpiece. The dislike for her is kind of unqualified and over the top in my opinion, there's a lot worse people out there deserving of the attention and negativity that she receives.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    Fine, limit it to people who would ever actually be mentioned by someone for a nomination and she's the least electable. ;)

As a more general point, the GOP recently has loved to heap attention on people who would really struggle to win a national election - she's been one of the main centers of that attention, and is likely the least electable of that crowd (which is, in and of itself, saying something).

While losing registered Republicans may not be realistic, unless the Democrats ran someone to the left of Elizabeth Warren against her she would shed a whole lot of registered Republican votes to the Democratic nominee. She is, probably rightly, perceived as little more than a joke by everyone in the country other than the Tea Party (who would have ever guessed that having a reality TV show isn't a great way to get people to take you seriously?).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,882
    behind closed doors dems are probably praying she runs.
  20. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,159
    I have no doubt she would lose to just about anyone, however, I really don't think she's the joke Liberals like to make her out to be. What exactly about her is repulsive to some? As I said - I wouldn't support her as a candidate, but as a person, what exactly is it that gets Liberals so damn vehement about her? It seems like so many Liberals act as if she's almost sub-human. It's why you hear Conservatives constantly say, "Aren't you guys supposed to be the caring open-minded ones?" Such a large amount of vitriol for someone who is apparently stupid and unelectable.

For example, put her up against a personality like Bill Maher. Bill Maher, regardless of his actual views on the world - is a pretty cynical, mean spirited, and disrespectful guy. By all means, he's the type of personality we should all rally against and put out of business. Palin is just a popular woman who reaches a wide audience, was the governor of a state, and tries to rally certain political movements. I'd be willing to wager that if you met her, she would probably be welcoming and pretty kind to you, regardless of what you believe or what you've said about her. Similarly to George Bush, many Liberals would say, "you know, I wouldn't mind having a beer with him, but I just don't want him to be President," which I honestly think is a really reasonable response.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1