Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    time limit keeps getting shorter every time another refinery goes up in flames. diesel and gas prices going up in russia right now and exports going down

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This is for you, Vladimir. Burn in Hell!

• Like Like x 1
  3. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Land o' Lakes, FL
    It’s weird that you would try this tactic, since none of your predictions of doom and gloom have come true, either. But this is actually a rare point of agreement for us on this subject. Anyone who is waiting for these economic measures to win the war is waiting in vain. I’m not saying we shouldn’t be doing these measures (and much more) as part of a whole-of-government approach, but we are lying to ourselves if we think we can substitute economic measures for military ones. Further, we have not even done all we should have in this area. Russia has mobilized its economy. We must do the same to maximize production of fuel, food, and munitions. We must also set aside our objections to Saudi Arabia and get them on board with lowering the price of oil. Between our own increased production and the damage being done to the Russian petroleum industry, we could severely limit Russia’s ability to gain revenue when it needs money so badly. But we are not doing any of these things for reasons that have nothing to do with Russia. In that regard, I wish Biden were more concerned with being President than his reelection.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Land o' Lakes, FL
    I hope that’s true, but I’m just not seeing it. We aren’t doing nearly as much as we could be to cause Russia pain and relieve pressure on Ukraine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Dying for Joe Biden …

6. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ukraine has been getting missiles with longer range, and making good use of them.

Ukraine's getting more longe-range missiles that leave the Russians with 'nowhere to hide'

• Like Like x 3
  7. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Propaganda for people too ignorant to value the concept of freedom.

And there is no way that Ukraine has more people killed than Russia in this war. Not after battles for cities like Avdiivka, where about 5-7 times as many Russians were killed as Ukrainians. Most intelligent sources have 200-300,000 Ukrainians killed.

8. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Four aircraft destroyed on Russian airbase in Crimea by an ATACMs missile strike. An air defense system may have also been destroyed. The planes included two MiG-31's and one Su-27 completely destroyed, and a MiG-29 damaged (possibly beyond repair).

These were the first destroyed MiG-29's or MiG-31's since the start of the war, apparently.

Ukraine puts four Russian warplanes out of action in long-range missile strikes

• Like Like x 2
  9. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Top NATO general says that Russians do not have the numbers or the skills to take Kharkiv anytime soon. Ouch. That has to hurt. He shouldn't be calling out Putin's bluff like that.

A top NATO general says Russian troops don't have the numbers or the skills to mount a strategic breakthrough in Kharkiv

10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Your argument is basically that because we know that 5-7 times as many Russians were killed as Ukrainians, that it is impossible that 5-7 times as many Ukrainians have been killed as Russians.

It ignores Ukrainian admissions that Russia outguns them 6 to 10 and upwards of 15 times.

It presumes that Russia is quite unnecessarily sending meat waves into defensive lines.

It discounts BBC estimates of Russian KIA which is an order of magnitude lower even than the figures you were regurgitating nearly two years ago.

It ignores that Ukraine has acknowledged multiple conscriptions and has been screeching for more weaponry and as many as a half-million new troops.

Watch: Zelensky Says 'It's The World’s Fault' That Russia Is Gaining | ZeroHedge

11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Land o' Lakes, FL
    Can’t be true. I’ve read from military experts on this site that Kharkiv is going to fall any day now (and if it doesn’t, then it was a “feint”). Either way, the ability and will of the Ukrainians have nothing to do with it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    I can confirm this. I used Google Translate to translate from gopnik to English:

Failed operation = successful feint

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Ukraine using longer range weapons to target Russian civilians.

Russia inevitably hit back by much stronger means.

It’s like the Kyiv regime is crying out to Russia, “Hit us harder and HARDER!”

14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Nobody does Jazz-Fusion these days like the Ruskies …

15. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Lol @ this thread. Zero middle ground. By ALL accounts on this thread, Russia/Ukraine is kicking Ukraine/Russia's ass, and any day now, Russia will be kicked out of Ukraine completely/Ukraine will be a Russian territory.

Any. Day. Now.

Book it! :p:D:p

16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    My consistent take is that Russia has been kicking America’s proxy’s ass, all along, but that it takes a long time to work your way through nearly a million troops as supplied by 40+ countries.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Yes, your take was well contemplated in my post.

Any day now, Russia's going to leave Ukraine with her tail tucked between her legs/Kiev will fall and Ukraine will be a part of mother Rah'cha....

Noted.

The consensus is settled. Lol!

18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Me ? I’m still waiting for evidence, outside of Gen. Mark “White Rage” Milley that Russia planned to take Ukraine in three days with as few as 75k troops.

19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    From the Russian opposition …

20. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    "Following recent Ukrainian military operations targeting Russian military assets in Crimea, UK Defence Intelligence has assessed a weakening in Russia’s capabilities to defend the airspace around the peninsula. The destruction of components of the S-400 anti-air system at Belbek airfield, including a radar system and launchers, as well as the loss of at least two MiG-31BM aircraft, marks the fourth instance in the past month of Russian air defence in Crimea sustaining damages."

MSN