Wanted to Introduce Myself

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gators1983, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Gators1983

Gators1983 Member

Ratings Received:
    +64
    Hello, fellow Gators! I have been lurking for the last couple of years, and just now decided to post. My wife and I are going to our first Gator game in August against Idaho and I was hoping for any advice as we are trying to make plans, book hotels, etc.

First, however, a little bit about myself...I am originally from Boynton Beach, FL (yes I realize this is CoCane country, but I assure you I am Gator through and through); my family moved to Ohio when I was 7, and unfortunately I have been in Ohio ever since. I saw my first gator game was when I was 6 and I'll never forget it. This will be my first year back in I don't know how many years...

I went to college at Bowling Green State University...Urban Meyer was our head football coach my freshman year (I'm not trying to start more anti Urban threads). I lived on the football teams floor, my first two years (Josh Harris, PJ Pope, Cole Magner, etc.) and even went to the bowl game where afterwards Urban assured he'd be back next year and we'd win the MAC...he left for Utah that fall. Everyone on my floor had F*** Urban Meyer signs on our doors the rest of the year...

So anyway...I now live in Cincinnati, am a store manager for a major grocery chain and am headed with my wife to our first Florida game in years. I know there have been a million threads before this but I'm asking for your help with times and places to be to get the greatest experience my wife and I can get. We'll be in Gainesville on Tuesday through Sunday, so any suggestions for places to see, eat, etc. would be appreciated (I heard the stadium is open until Wednesday to the public, any truth to this)?

Thank you in advance and as always GO GATORS!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Routerhead

Routerhead Archie Bunker VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Welcome to our world! And a big Go Gators! from a fellow Palm Beach County guy.
  3. Gators1983

Gators1983 Member

Ratings Received:
    +64
    Thanks! I miss the sunshine state more than you guys know! Right now they're talking about 2-4 inches of snow come Tuesday, haha!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,395
    Sniff.....sniff,sniff...sniff (McGruff Senses) he smells clean guys, I think this one is ok. :cool:

Welcome........ to paradise.
  5. Gators1983

Gators1983 Member

Ratings Received:
    +64
    Hahaha, trust me is I was trolling I wouldn't be able to tell stories of hallway football with the BGSU football team where we'd line mattresses up against the wall and get punished doing running drills after a long night of drinking. As much as I appreciate Urban for what he did at BGSU, I hate him for how he left us...sound familiar at UF?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,590
  7. Gators1983

Gators1983 Member

Ratings Received:
    +64
  8. Gators1983

Gators1983 Member

Ratings Received:
    +64
    THANK YOU!!!! I was looking the other night and couldn't find anything...
  9. Gators1983

Gators1983 Member

Ratings Received:
    +64
    I didn't see anything on the previous topic, so I thought I'd ask....any truth on the rumor of being able to getting into Ben Hill up until Tuesday or game days? Does anyone have any idea?
  10. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,273
    You can go inside the stadium Sunday thru Wednesday. On Sundays, though frowned upon, there are many people on t hhhh e field walking around and stuff.