Walmart strikes back....

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by MichaelJoeWilliamson, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MichaelJoeWilliamson

MichaelJoeWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Exactly the point. And if they are not worthy to be paid, then they are not worhty to be employed.

Yet you argue an unpaid intern does not have enough of a skill set to deserve any pay. Or at least, the most minimum of wages earned by a new fast food employee

They are employed.They do work. Even if that means OJT. That is the part you are missing.

Nope. I was just curious why you were arguing it.

BTW, if companies can get college level people to work for free, then bully for them. I am all about free market enterprise.

I just found it ironic that a news sources that castigated Wal-Mart for paying too little, paid its college level temporary help even less. That was the original point of the thread. Which you missed.
  2. MichaelJoeWilliamson

MichaelJoeWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Related

How the Senate Exploits Unpaid Interns

Barely a third of U.S. senators pay their interns -- and embarrassingly for Democrats, a party focused on workplace welfare, most of them are Republicans.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/08/how-the-senate-exploits-unpaid-interns/279111/