Walker and Hill Together as Sophomores

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by madgator, Feb 4, 2014.

1. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +379
    These guys have an on court connection and their games are built for each other.

We need to have these guys back for a full year together, with full time roles, the added year of experience and physical maturity.

Man, that would be fun to watch
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +427
  3. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +965
    Would love it, and Hill seems almost certain to come back. Still not sure on Walker. He kind of looked upset he wasn't in the game in the 2nd half though from where I sat. Probably thought his first game would be more climatic in terms of minutes, hoping that won't become an issue. He is used to being the star, hard to take a back seat.
  4. SwampFox

SwampFox Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +80
    pipedream, methinks...
  5. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +379
    I hope not......would be awesome to watch
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +597
    Don't think a pipe dream at all. The only question appears to be Walker and I don't see him leaving in a few months.
  7. bbreece1

bbreece1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +318
    Now this is where I usually get in trouble but must say it-----Where do you think Hill is going to go? If anyone from the NBA or some hanger on even intimates to Hill that he will be selected by any team in the NBA in the upcoming draft, that person should be prosecuted for---Let's make up a name for it. Does anyone seriously think I'm "trolling" by expressing that OPINION? I have said nothing of a personal nature about the young man and have only suggested, like about 330,000,000 other Americans, that he is not being selected in the 2014 NBA Draft. I really doubt the NBA is selecting anyone under 6' 2" who has not proven he will be able to eventually shoot the basketball. NO troll.

Walker is a different matter. He will need to firmly believe it is to his benefit to come back. I don't know if it is or not. He might feel a responsibility to be minimally a millionaire as a 1st Round choice(guaranteed money) and start to help his family. How many of us would not want to help our family as soon as possible. Does he leave millions on the table by not coming back and being an All-American? PROBABLY. I guess it all depends on if he believes stock can only rise, be convinced he won't tear up a knee and how much fun will have. I have no idea what his major will be and how important it is ? He will need to think he will really be happy.
  8. born2beagator

born2beagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,394
    I think both of them would benefit from another year under billy.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. gaturguru

gaturguru Member

Ratings Received:
    +124
    If Hill stays then I could see Walker staying as well. I think it really just comes down to how much he enjoys playing college ball and if he can be convinced he is a top 5 pick if he stays to improve his game.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. NorthCaptivaGator

NorthCaptivaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +240

I tend to agree with you on Hill but when guys like Bledsoe, Goodwin, Knight et al get picked early after showing little more than Hill has begun to show this year you have to wonder
  11. bbreece1

bbreece1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +318
    It will come down to how much Walker likes PLAYING college basketball in HOPEFULLY the next 18 games. I find it incomprehensible that there is an "if" in front of "Hill stays", even in Europe a point guard must be able to shoot the ball a little. Agreed? Maybe next year he will prove he van. We have known people who we waited an entire 4 year college career to demonstrate that skill.
  12. bbreece1

bbreece1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +318
    North Captiva, I believe the NBA picked up a little discernment based upon the 3 guys you mentioned. They MAY now want to actually see it happen instead of thinking it will eventually happen.
  13. ovillegator

ovillegator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +745
    Walker has shown alot of belief in Donovan, who has shown a lot of belief in him... I'm guessing he stays. I don't think he minded the limited minutes. He knew he has to work into the system.
  14. bbreece1

bbreece1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +318
    No disrespect to anyone but I believe only Chris Walker knows how he will feel about his minutes down the stretch. Now some of us may not like the way he ultimately feels but an individual with options is always difficult to judge.
  15. bayou_gator

bayou_gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +347
    Walker and his adopted family need money very badly. Now.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. peteypab

peteypab Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    Hill isn't going anywhere, I'm confident in that. Chris Walker is another matter as it is clear that the NBA is more than willing to draft based on potential. And that's all Walker is at this point, potential. He can dunk, but I'm betting his post game is pretty weak. I hope he does return to develop further, but I don't blame guys that are projected in the lottery for going. I'm not sure that he would be in the lottery in this deep draft though.
  17. bbreece1

bbreece1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +318
    How would we feel about other people in other positions who would not help their families? I'm betting we would criticize people who did not use talents as soon as possible to help family members. Agreed?
  18. ncgatorfan

ncgatorfan Member since 1996 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +572
    I would really like to see them play a whole season together. Seems like they have some real good chemistry on the court. Hill doesn't have the game yet to go ... he has NBA speed that's for sure. He needs to mature both physically and skills wise. As for Walker I need to see him play some more games but if the NBA is willing to draft him in the 1st rd than it should be a no brainer ... his family needs the cash.
  19. FranceGator

FranceGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    I think we should all live a while in abject poverty before asking a kid to play another year to entertain us.

That said, it is a tradeoff between long-term monster-huge money and short-term big money. I believe the second contract in the NBA is where you get lifetime security. Another year under Billy would make a big difference there. But when you are utterly dirt poor, the opportunity cost on the near-term "only colossal" money is too high.
  20. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +330
    Depends on the family and what THEY want for Chris. Corey Brewer was in the same boat, in fact his dad had medical issues too, yet his family encouraged him to return. No telling what Chris will do but there is a lot more that factors into it than money, I will support him either way.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1