VolFan07's UT vs UF Thread

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by VolsFan07, Sep 15, 2013.

1. VolsFan07

VolsFan07 <font color="#FFA500"><b>Lulu and Junior <br>Are M

Ratings Received:
    +11
    Hey there, knuckleheads! Hope all is well with everybody! So, It's officially UT/UF week, my favorite week/game of the year.

As we all know, we are both coming off of losses. Though, your loss was a game that I, and most people, thought you should have won. You dominated in every aspect of the game with the exception of the turnover margin and on the score board. Tough loss.

Our loss, unfortunately, was far more indicative of where our program stands in reference to top tier teams. We came out strong and got 2 straight three and out from the Oregon offense, and had a nice drive that finished with a TD pass from Worley to Croom. The rest is history, lol. We were dominated in all three phases by a very, very, very talented, deep, and fast team.

Now for this weekends game. Where to start...

I have zero faith on our offense. ZERO. I would not be surprised if we scored no offensive points against the UF defense. We have some speed and size at WR but do not have any body to get them the ball. Worley had multiple opportunities against Oregon to make some big plays through the air, with plenty of time and wide open WRs, and either air mailed or put it in the dirt.

Our running game was average at best against Oregon, and the only reason I say that is that we consistently fell forward for positive yards even on the plays that were seemingly stuffed. I don't honestly expect to see anything consistent in this phase against the UF DL.

Defense. Whew... Embarrassing yesterday. I really think that our defense is better than what we saw yesterday. I know that is hard to see after what the Ducks did to us, but let me explain. I look at our defense and see a team that was seriously mismatched against what the U of O brought to the table. We, in my opinion, are more suited for SEC style offenses. Now, with that being said, there is still a lot to be desired from the Vols in pass coverage. We got ripped in the air for something like 450 yards yesterday. We did a good job of holding a team that averages about 500 yards rushing to about 210. But, then again, they didn't really need to run the ball that much.

We have no play makers on special teams. Period. Nothing else needs to be said, with the exception of Palardy has been solid with a very good average in punting.

UF's offense is serviceable, but has struggled thus far with turnovers and red-zone efficiency. Still, I think they should be able to put up enough points and control the ball and TOP. Even with a few injuries, your backfield is still talented and deep enough to be a problem, especially considering the injuries we have had on the DL and the lack of quality depth in the front seven.

I don't even want to talk about Florida's defense. Unfair is a word that comes to mind. I really think that if UF can manage 10 points, that just might be enough. I really need Easley to go ahead and move on to the NFL already to help my mental state.

Going to be another sickening loss for Vol fans I think. If I had to compare this years game to one from the past, I think it will most resemble the 2010 game at Neyland in Dooley's first year. An offensively sluggish game, with UF pulling away midway through the 3rd quarter.

Final Score Prediction: Florida 27 Tennessee 10 :beat:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Zanso

Zanso Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    Don't you realize you're in swamp gas? We don't take kindly to reasonable and non-bias analysis. /s
  3. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,719
    You have ZERO faith in your offense too, 07?
    You haven't seen BAD until you've seen ours.
    Expecting 10 points might even be a stretch.

7 - 3
    Gators.
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,829
    Very reasonable take, Volsfan.

Wouldn't surprise me if you nailed the score. Although if we give you the ball five times, will look much better for you and could end up looking like the Canes game for us.
  5. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +865
    I appreciate the very well thought out analysis Vols07.
    With all due respect, this game has the makings for a bigger score. Coming off a very long road trip, getting beaten physically and mentally, have to travel again, playing us after we had an open week. You should shoot your AD for agreeing to this schedule.
    I think we win by no fewer than 20 and I think it will probably be worse than that.
    I look forward to UT getting back on its feet as a program. The league is a much better and more fun league when you guys are good.
  6. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,829
    You coud be right on the score, Freak. Good reasons.

Agree with your closing. Football is more fun when this game's a national event like it used to be.
  7. UF67ee

UF67ee Member

Ratings Received:
    +28
    Welcome, from deep in gator country.
  8. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,476
    It's a great week. Exactly what college football is all about. I like Tennessee. I like the fact that when I turn on a game without knowing what's on, as soon as I see the orange and white checkerboard endzone I know.
    I have no problem understanding how UT recruits well. Beautiful campus, great stadium, fanatical fans.
    And I loved it in the 90s when the national championship went through that game.
    Damn I want to beat you guys.
    I love this game.
  9. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    I think Florida doubles the score on Tennessee:

Florida 4 - Tennessee 2
  10. MtownGator

MtownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +246
    So far this thread is lolz

I feel like both sides are saying the same things.

Just for the fun of it the other day I read the Hilltoppers board-
    and they were saying OMG if UT lost that bad to Oregon what does that really say about us?

So we all have our issues. Some are just worse then the other.
    Looking forward to 9.
  11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,141
    I can feel for 07. No one likes to see their team down like that, as many of us older Gators can remember what happened to Uf after it's mid - '80's probation times. It's not fun.

I personally don't believe Butch Jones was the right choice for HBC at UT, but perhaps he'll prove us all wrong and right the ship up there. I agree with the more sensible Vols fans that 2016 is when the Vols will really start being able to compete with the elite again, that is IF Jones was the right choice as HBC.

We need the Vols, basically Bama's #2 arch-rival behind Auburn, to be strong as a balance against the West Division anyway.

As for our game, if I was Will Muschamp, I'd have called a team meeting first thing this morning and made the team sit in front of the t.v. and watch their loss to Miami again on "Breakfast With The Gators".

No doubt, sitting and stewing about that loss for two weeks will hopefully be the motivator this team needs to get over a lot of what I believe is a "mental hump" on offense. Stop turning the ball over, quit with the penalties, and be more productive in the RZ.

We've had an entire week to carefully look at those problems and work on them at practice, and now Tennessee game week is here tomorrow morning and no doubt those corrections will be pounded into the heads of the players all week.

Both UF and UT had the advantage of seeing early in the year from their losses what and where many of their problems lie that need to be addressed too. Unfortunately for UT, I just don't see the talent level being anywhere near what UF has right now, and with UF looking to be about 95% healthy going into this game, playing at home, and with a serious chip on their shoulder after the Miami loss, the Gators want to go out and hit someone and get back on track.

I just don't see UT having much success against UF in this game, especially against the Gator D, and if we've managed to correct many of our offensive problems over the off week, I expect the offense to score a better point total in this game too.

UF - 35

UT - 6
  12. UFish

UFish Member

Ratings Received:
    +84
    After a loss, I'd normally be happy with any kind of victory. But Tennessee is very young and very depleted in some areas (DL, WR). Their defense has some talent on it but I'll be upset if we let that offense get in the endzone. We should win this handily.
  13. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +660
    Very respectful post. You give me reason not to loath UT. Right now because ut is down the game has lost a lot of glitter. The good ole days the uf/ut meant everything.

You are right, our D is strong and I don't expect ut's O to do very much.

I expect our O to win TOP and I think or hope we will be a bit more creative and less predictable. I have to believe BP is a bit ill watching this offense, it really is like watching paint dry. I think we will move the ball well between the twenties, but I still think we will bog down in the redzone. I think you are right too when you said your D is better suited for most sec teams. Our slow pace will be easier to defend.

I predict UF in a landslide 24 - 6 and more importantly TOP uf 41 minutes and ut 19.
  14. slayerxing

slayerxing Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +577
    If Florida doesn't have another shit-show turnover disaster, I like the gators by 20+ in this game.

It'll be important to watch what happens on third down and in the red zone for Florida, where they really struggled BADLY last week, and I think even a team like UT could potentially rattle them right now.

UF's offense is on life support from a confidence stand point right now.

On the other side of the ball I would honestly be surprised, given UF's defense and UT's offense, if UT scores more than 10 points.

I think UF comes out early with some jitters on offense, but the defense dominates, and UF finally gets it together and wins uglier than the score indicates, 30-6 or something like that.
  15. UFGator05

UFGator05 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +534
    sad to see what has become of these two programs, at least offensively.

two boring teams going at it. yay. just hope UF pulls it out.

UF: 6 UT: 3
  16. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +377
    Kick this loser off the board!!:halloween:

He broke one of our cardinal rules...not once in his post did he rip Muschamp or Driskel...there was nothing about our WRs, or Brent Pease...

Where does he think he is, a Vol board?
  17. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +377
    Seriously VolsFan07, props for coming to a rivals' board when your team looks to be down for the count, at least you guys are recruiting like gangbusters...

Game will probably be close for a half, we're at home, and all of UF's self destructiveness seems to appear on the road...I say UF 35-10

Keep your head up, saw many Vol fans this past week where I lived in Portland, OR, they traveled very well to what could have been a ritual sacrifice, which it ended up being.
  18. canadian_gator

canadian_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Repped
  19. phillyblount

phillyblount Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +144

[​IMG]
  20. Colin

Colin Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +352
    Lack of depth and experience on defense will be the biggest factor for UT. Stopping the run will be the Gator's main focus. I feel like UF will run it a ton with all of the various backs and try to exhaust UT's defense.

Gators 17
    Vols 6