Very well written article: Calling it Treason

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by dadx4, Sep 2, 2013.

1. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +768
    WARNING TO LIBERALS:

It's from the American Thinker, you won't like what you read.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/calling_it_treason.html

When the president picks who he will support and who he will condemn on the international stage, he consistently sides with those who hate the United States and the Judeo-Christian principles upon which it was founded. President Obama has willfully enabled Iran to develop a nuclear weapons program entirely without resistance, other than UN sanctions, which have failed. In Egypt, Mubarak's faults were well documented, but so too were his assets in terms of peace and stability in the Middle East. Nevertheless, the president purposefully aided his overthrow in order to replace him with members of an organization, the Muslim Brotherhood, which collaborated with the Nazis and which has, at its core, goals and objectives that are antithetical to the security and safety of the United States.
  2. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,058
    And there I was thinking the Nazis were pretty much done in around 1945.
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    And your point is?

You do know that that terror organization (Muslim Brotherhood) has been around for a very long time.
  4. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,058
    My point is as soon as someone starts using Nazis in their opinions as it relates to political opponents they have lost my interest. I believe there is a name for it in writing.
  5. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,786
    Why do we need the name of treason (in someone's opinion) when we have general incompetence? How about listing his lack of leadership and propensity for playing golf?

But that would mean that we have to look at who voted for the buffoon - at least in 2012. 2008 was a repudiation of the Pub's actions in W's second term and he won the Dem nomination.

We - as a whole - just don't care anymore.
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Facts are facts... there is no statute of limitations on facts.
  7. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,154
    Because we expect incompetence from politicians.
  8. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,154
    Because we expect incompetence from politicians.
  9. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    I tend to agree with you Hall, but only when someone uses the word to insult someone.
    In this case Dad is not using it as and insult.
    He is using it as a historical referrence that is accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Muslim_Brotherhood_in_Egypt

Does the Muslim Brotherhood's connections with the Nazi party equate them to being Nazi's?
    Not really. The only reason Hitler was interested in the Muslim Brotherhood is that they had some common ground. Both were at armed conflict with the British and both did not like Jews. Hitler was hoping that if his General Rommel had defeated the British in Egypt that the Muslim Brotherhood would be of some assistance in the German occupation of Egypt.

Speaking for myself, I am not saying that Obama is a Nazi. However, it is fair to say that Obama has ignored or said next to nothing about the Muslim's Brotherhood's power grab after the elections that put them in power. Today many Egyptians are not too thrilled with Obama and the USA.
  10. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,057
    It's called Godwin's law. From Wiki:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

To the larger point though, I love the argument that our needs should supersede the needs or desires of a country in self determination. Thats exactly why that part of the world hates us already, if they want to change their government they shouldn't be stopped by a country half way around the world because we don't like it, that's a bizarrely arrogant argument. It's their country, not our playground.
    And the idea that we distrust anyone who sympathized with the nazis would be a long and very limiting list. We would not be allowed to talk to the British royal family, Japan, Germany of course, the Catholic Church (they gave Hitler plenary powers and signed what amounted to a neutrality act with him, though later in his reign some church members did some pretty heroic things), Italy would be out, admiring Lindbergh would be a no-no, heck, add the US government for not allowing the St Louis to come ashore in the US. and probably emboldening Hitler...the list is almost endless.

That's not to say they are good people, you and I probably agree on them, only that tying one's actions in a war from a different generation and a different set of geopolitical realities is a bit futile.
  11. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,058
    That's right. Precisely the reason I said what I did.
  12. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,058
    The thing is it really adds nothing to the article in my opinion. I have absolutely no use for the MB but I don't care for writers who an alliance from 65 years ago to make some connection today. It's a lazy way to write in my book.