UT is putting together a seriously good class

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by ces1948, Jul 20, 2013.

1. VolsFan07

VolsFan07 <font color="#FFA500"><b>Lulu and Junior <br>Are M

Ratings Received:
    +16
    Don't think so, Doc. We will see.
  2. Spleezy

Spleezy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    GatorAZ is right, take a good look at their class, there are like three that we'd get excited about and those three probably wouldn't even get a lot of PT here considering our last few classes. Bama and UGA on the other hand are stacking scary talent. Take a good look at their class (UT) and who they are losing this year. That entire Oline is gone and the have also rans coming in, they will most likely need to retool their DL too and those recruits don't wow anyone, they have good LB recruits but they may lose their starters (both talented Jrs) there and need them badly. With Alazone, McMillan, and Rolin (LB's) in the wings here at UF we'd probably only take Bates (LB), Hurd *maybe(RB), and Kelly Jr. from their class but we'd much rather have Lane or Rudolph at WR or Clifton Garret or Christian Miller at LB. I'd take our CB, RB recruits over theirs and we are over loaded at S...like I said most of their recruits wouldn't see the field here. Take a look for yourself then look at our board and who have us in their top 3. It's a huge step up from the last few years so I can appreciate their excitement but not filling huge needs or beating UF, UGA, or South Carolina with this class come February. I'd actually be concerned if they don't pick up some gems on both lines.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2633/class/2014/tennessee-volunteers
  3. jagervol01

jagervol01 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I am hearing that Hendrix is a silent commit and also think we will land Derek Barnett but until that actually happens I am concerned about the Dline. Now that said, you are kidding yourself if you don't think Hurd (rb or not) or Kelly Jr would see playing time at Florida. That is stretching a valid point a tad too far...and we have not given up on Carter by any means.
  4. G8RNTN

G8RNTN VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,934
    I would love if UF landed Hurd!!! Would like to have Bates and Kelly jr also. Don't listen to some of these people on here.
  5. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Come on Florida would get excited over a quite a few of them. You all just got excited over a OL/DL who has offers from UMass who just committed to Florida. I mean I'm a gator through and through but take the orange and blue glasses off, I would take UT's DB's, RB's, two of their LB's, ATH Vic Wharton, and WR's Booth and Lauderdale.... Come on people get real quit hating on UT because their class is blowing ours away (for now), I'm a realist and Tennessee is doing a great job.
  6. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Hahaha great minds man.
  7. jagervol01

jagervol01 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    Fwiw, if you identify yourself as a Vol fan and follow Dewayne Hendrix then he will follow you but doesn't do that for any other fan base. He has also basically visited Knox all summer.
  8. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I think Kelly is a big time football player but if we get Admas who would Kelly play over at UF with Adams Maye Harris & Neal? I am sure BUtch is trying but Carter said he wanted to play for a team that could win a championship so you guys dont have a shot. Look at who your Dline coach is and look at who he is going against at UF UGA BAMA LSU
  9. G8RNTN

G8RNTN VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,934
    ^^^^^^ the key here is AZ said "IF" we get Adams. So what if we don't????
  10. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    It's not about who will play ahead of him, I mean those guys will be sophomores when he's a freshman, probably declare early as a junior so there's Kelly's playing time.

In the end it's about depth and repetitions. The more you rotate, the more experience everyone gets, the less you have to worry about the mess like we have going on this year.

Just saying.
  11. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Not the point. He wouldn't touch the field until at least his JR year. the staff wasnt even expecting to go after a safety this year I've heard. But Adams is the type player you take based off talent and potential even though he's not a need
  12. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    That's a great point you just said it yourself, junior year comes around throw him in there because he had 2 years to learn and play a rotation/limited role. That's how football is suppose to be. Champ says it himself, safety is a mess and concern due to lack of experience and reps.
  13. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Dont worry about him that guy always comments after I post and begging to get off ignore. But you are right we dont even need a safety in this class. Adams can really cover which makes him a perfect fit for our nickle position and the reason he is such a major target.

If there was a need for a traditional safety they would be recruiting more than one person at the position
  14. G8RNTN

G8RNTN VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,934
    ^^^^^^ begging to get off ur ignore????? Son I could care less what u do but I like others find u pretty damn funny. "Insider"
  15. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Lol
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I see he made another comment after mine G8RNTN must really want his daddy to take him off ignore
  17. G8RNTN

G8RNTN VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,934
    ^^^^^^ I remember a few months back when u was getting hammered on here Bcse u act u have "insider info" and u even made a huge whining ass post about how we have got to stop saying that.... Was u crying as u was typing that. I find u hilarious that u can re type what a few GC staff writers say and TRY make it like u got it. Or post video of players that we can all do and act like u know them... My Biotch!!! :grin:
  18. G8RNTN

G8RNTN VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,934
    Hahaha what is also funny.... If I'm on ur ignore list then why the hell do u keep posting about me????? I'm in ur head son.... That's a B*tch move to begin with though. LoL
  19. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    and another comment by G8RNTN the guy would do anything get off daddy's ignore list
  20. G8RNTN

G8RNTN VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,934
    ^^^^^ and another after mine.... #inurhead