USC RB Anthony Brown quits team, accuses CoachSark of being

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, Aug 28, 2014.

1. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +151

Two completely different situations considering they at least have a relationship.
  2. skink

skink Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    Not challenging here, but please clarify what you mean here.

This accusation game is a 2-way street. Yet so many people only look for fault in one direction.
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,169

Personally, I consider the race card to be a cop-out, chicken little reaction for someone who can't get their way for the most part.
  4. skink

skink Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    Well I've sure gotten jaded to it over the past few freaking decades.

If these whiners only invested the same level of energy into doing something to better themselves instead of just blaming others.

The 60s were a long time ago. Before most of these bozos parents were even born.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +151
    Gladly.

You don't know Steve Sarkisian or Anthony Brown. Steve Sarkisian and Anthony Brown know one another. If through whatever happenings (none of which we're privy to) Brown determines Sarkisian to be a racist, that opinion holds weight because you know, they know one another. Brown could be completely wrong. Sarkisian could be a racist, who knows. However, from the outside looking in reducing this guys value to that of someone you'll have to "break out your wallets" to support is unfair and idiotic, considering what you know about the individual, his coach and their relationship.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. myamiG8R

myamiG8R Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +90
    the word "racist" is basically meaningless in the context of US society today... and yet, an effectively meaningless word has the power to ruin a person's life by its simply being uttered...
  7. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +226
    I totally disagree, the 60s weren't that long ago in the grand scheme of things. Slavery lasted for more than 200 years. Plus, most of these kids grandparents were born before the civil rights movement.

In other words, you are basically saying us black folks who think there is still racism in the world are nothing but whiners that should invest energy in something to better ourselves. Interesting, because Micheal Brown was set to start college before he was gunned down by police. I'm sure you've become jaded to those cases as well over the last few decades.

Look, every situation involving a sensitive subject such as racism is different. We don't know what was said to Anthony Brown to make him feel that way. We also don't know how Sark really is in person. Why not wait until further detail comes out before we are quick to judge one way or the other.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    This is fair, I can only speak for my post, but if you accuse someone of racism it's something that sticks with them for life, you better have something substantive to back it up with, and so far it's just a blind allegation on twitter. If someone is going to make such a claim, back it up or apologize.
    Personally, while there is no doubt racism is an issue nationally still (regardless of what people think), I find it hard to see that a guy who has chosen to be around African American kids his whole professional life with no issues in that time is just now being "outed" as a racist, which was why my inclination was to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the player was either disgruntled or the word was being used in place of cultural differences that he perceived as more than they were.
    But as you said time will tell the whole story.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. skink

skink Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    Then let's take a page from your own post and wait until further detail comes out before accusing Sark of racism for sh!tcanning a player who is so screwed up he had to make up a lie so he could look like a hero. C'mon man, that ain't racism.

And what are we supposed to do to atone for the ugliness of slavery that we haven't been doing for the last 40 years? Of course there's still racism in the world but there's every bit as much if not more of it coming from your direction.

I'll say it again, it took a hell of a lot of white votes to elect Obama. White society has been kissing black society's butt for over 30 years because of guilt over slavery. White society is kissing everybody's butt. White man has been lobotomized by political correctness.

Yes I am tired of seeing the race card thrown everywhere. But while racial discrimination is a public outrage when a black person is victim, the reverse gets back page coverage if it even gets reported at all.

The playing field is tilted just plenty - go make the most of it and stop dredging up more reasons to resent white society. It ain't helping your cause - to the contrary it's a self-imposed set of shackles
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mulegator

mulegator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +451
    Well said. Let's wait for all the facts to come out before we render judgment.
  11. gatorright

gatorright Member

Ratings Received:
    +78
    rev...naturally we do not know those guys or the source of their tiff...with that said, a public accusation of racism is indeed judgment intended to castigate the accused, and in this day and age, with the heinous customary practice of calling anyone who disagrees with anyone of color, from the president down, a racist, the term has little of its former meaning of one carrying a racial bias. It is currently the mantra of those who seek a hammer in an ad hominem attack...you disagree with me, I am a person of color and thus, what ever you say is racist; the point of the disagreement is then lost in the ensuing highly-charged emotion of both the claim and the denial. The abuse of the term has resulted in more questions of motivation being thrown on the accuser of "racism" than on the accused. Naturally there are valid cases of racism, and deplorable as they are, in this cultural climate they are very likely to get lost in the race-baiting, media frenzy we currently face.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,119
    Alphagator, good point about not rushing to judgement, maybe you can tell the folk in Missouri to do the same thing who have all but convicted the white cop. Wouldn't it be nice if the majority of your race wouldn't be filled with such hatred that they would wait for the facts and let due process run its course? And since when does looting relate to a black person dying if it's by the hands of a white person? Do you realize that far more blacks kill whites? Maybe we should riot and loot and pillage?
    And while I'm at it, maybe not to rush to judgement would/should have been uttered in Trevon's situation? Funny how the black community gets all riled up when it's white on black but hardly a word when its black on white or black on black.
    We all agree slavery is never right. But somehow it seems African Americans want to use it as a crutch to stay angry and make it an excuse for being yes irresponsible. I loath the likes of Sharpton and Jackson for making a living of fanning the fire of racism. And yes my friend, racism goes both ways.
  13. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +151
    Gator34654, I really don't think you understand the issue. Why do you think a majority of blacks are filled with hate? You've probably never had to protest for anything in life, huh? No one is using slavery in itself as a crutch or an excuse for anything, but far too many folks like to think that the civil rights movement automatically made things OK! and that the ramifications of decades of injustice and disenfranchisement don't diffuse across generations. The situation is far more complicated than most like to believe tbh.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,850
    It's a bit much to say a kid (who is black) quits the football team of a major university for whatever reason and all of a sudden he's headed to the welfare line? C'mon, you don't know the kid, for all we know that kid came from money. Why do you assume he's from poverty skink? Would you say the same thing if a white kid quit the team? He's gonna be on welfare? Probably not.

And when did we become 2 separate societies? I thought we were all one society living together in america? Maybe that kind of thinking is part of the problem on both sides of the equation. Just saying.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,604
    Look if your point is that we should all go burn down and loot the Southern Cal football facility, then you had me at hello, dude. I didn't even need the racism accusation. Just let me get my hat.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +151
    I'm not accusing anyone or anything of racism. As entertaining as it may be to see, I can't say burning down USC is a good idea.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,604
    Just the football facility, I said. I don't think we have the manpower here to take down the whole campus anyway.
  18. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,119
    uftaipan, I've always enjoyed your humor and insight! Rev, do I think racism still exists? Sure, but not anywhere near the level it once did. And let's be fair, racism is a two way street. I don't see white folk going around picking out black men to sucker punch do you? Where is the outrage there? This nation has come a long way from where it once was but imo as long as a seemingly majority of black folk want to blame the white folk we are stuck in divide. It's the Jesse's and the Al's who keep the flame burning for their own benefit and shame on them yet if the black folk (seeming many) didn't give them the time of day they would shrivel up.
    There has been more money thrown at school, more opportunities for all races to succeed than ever before but until the majority of black folk take personal responsibility for their actions they will remain impoverished. As long as many choose to suck on the nipple of the government who wants to keep them dependant on the govt then they will remain where they are. I believe it is you who don't get it.
    Key word Rev. is take responsibility for your own actions. Black women and now more and more white woman need to stop having babies out of wedlock, you need responsible parents raising kids to be responsible and teach them to live the right way. Right now, we have far too many welfare moms trying to raise children without much discipline or guidance and we have chaos. But so long as the black race or any others choose to play the blame game they are stuck in ignorance and poverty and thus you get riots, looting, and thugary.

I am in favor of ransacking usc, and a few other colleges :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,821
    It's also slander if it isn't true.
  20. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +226
    So much anger (at least it seems that way; obviously I can't make out the tone of voice from reading) in your post.
    Ok, nobody is accusing Sark of anything. In fact, I don't think it makes any sense for him to be racist to tell you the truth because his job depends on working with a myriad of black people. You just assumed I sided with Anthony Brown because I stated that I was black. Nothing in my post stated that I thought Sark was racist nor should it lead you to believe I think that way about him.

Hopefully most people in America know that Obama was voted in by a majority of white voters. With that said, it is a slap in the face to those voters to just assume that the main reason they voted him into office is because they felt guilty over slavery. Personally, I hate using the race card because of the backlash it could potentially bring to both sides. However, if someone has performed a "racist" act, then I am all for bringing it out but you better be correct and have no doubt about it.

Look, the reason I revealed my race in the first place was to get you to realize that not everybody thinks the same way (even though the media portrays a different picture). Furthermore, despite what the media will have you belive, there are black people that are doing well for themselves. Some of us actually even went to the University of Florida on academic scholarships, graduated and went to graduate programs.

As I stated previously "every situation involving a sensitive subject such as racism is different." When you have somebody making an accusation like this, it is probably best to just wait until all the facts are out. So lets not just assume one way or the other until further details are available. Plus, it has already been stated that some of the players are even backing up Sark. "Coach Sark is who we all believe him to be,” USC receiver George Farmer (African American player) posted on his Twitter account. "Accusations like those couldn't be more untrue."
    • Winner Winner x 1