Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. TheEraser

TheEraser Premium Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Are you 12

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Good. At UF, that's 10-11 wins per year in the SEC East.

I'd rather have Mullen on our sideline than three of our last four coaches. I'd rather have Chip Kelly or Scott Frost on our sideline than Mullen. This question is difficult to answer without context. I think Mullen can be a good coach for us. He's not our best option, but if we don't get our #1 or #2 choice, he's a good fallback option. That's all he is to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. UFMBA14

UFMBA14 Premium Member

Oct 30, 2014
    He’s new (Joined yesterday)

Only 4 messages

Bruins in the name.

This could be a few different things. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I assumed that he's a UCLA fan. If that's true, it's understandable why he wouldn't know why we aren't rivals with Miami.(at least not since the Zook era)

5. nationalchamp24

nationalchamp24 Freshman

Nov 26, 2013
    Tilly, are we done

6. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    Mullen seems like Richt to me.

High floor and a good but not great ceiling.

For most programs that’s really good.

For elite programs the key is to get elite ceilings. So I’d rather take Norvell than Mullen. Norvell has a much lower floor than Dan but also a little bit higher ceiling. I’ll take that in a heart beat. The last thing I want is to be stuck with the same coach for 10 years as a perpetual “good” but not great team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. Nothing new in the last hours. I suspect it will be quiet on the front on Thanksgiving Day.

I am having the thought that if Kelly had been approached over the keeping assistants thing, like it was reported by cbs, he likely would ALREADY have signed elsewhere and moved on from us. I don't think he would continue to consider us if they had really done that. This would already be done.

Maybe I am being too optimistic but I want to hang my hat on something at this point that says we are not really going to hire charley weak. You heard it here first... connecting the dots in this thing tells me that there is a HEAVY anti-Kelly (or just no-Kelly) push in the UAA and athletic dept.

I think he was lowballed, at the very least. If he was really who "they" wanted they would have blown him away with a satanesque offer. They treated him like Just Another Guy instead of like the top commodity out there. Like machen wanted SOS to submit a resume... remember that...

Too much emphasis on SFla recruiting. Some folks evidently doubt Kelly on that aspect.

I EXPECT to beat ref$u. But it will be a pyrrhic win if we concurrently doom our program with a lousy hire we backed ourselves into intentionally.

Someone provide proof I am wrong. Please.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Haha tideh8rGator, if we hire CK you are wrong but will not hiring prove you correct?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lets get to 1000.

10. Don't think we'll ever really know.

I just have NO confidence in this process right now. I think it is flawed and biased.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GatorBait42

GatorBait42 Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    The momentum has shifted back in our direction guys

UCLA has been used by Chip as leverage to get what he wants...full control

• Optimistic Optimistic x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  12. GatorBait42

GatorBait42 Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    I am of the opinion that Kelly's next stop will be his last. He is a college coach not a pro one. He wants Florida, but he wants it on his terms not the UAAs. If they meet his terms he will be here, in full control and he will do great things.

If he cant have it on his terms he won't be here, and it will be time for us as fans to speak with our mouths and wallets and get this admin replaced with people who care about football, which if they want to agree with or not the school is built around.

Hope isn't lost if we miss on Chip, but the current state administratively is if we wiff, and I hope they understand the stakes. Making demands like Shannon is fine, but push comes to shove they need to bend the knee to Chip, and understand a guy like that gets a football program much more than they and yes even SOS (at this point) more than they do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Do we need to change the title again? "Kelly Buzz.......colder than a witch's tit?"
    :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
  15. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    You are wrong on so many levels. First you are full of assumptions and the main one being what everyone is focused on; that Kelly might not even be the best guy available.

Yeah, he did amazing stuff at Oregon many years ago when there was much less parity in the league. He’s proven he can MAYBE coach at the next level and SEC speed is next level stuff. Prescott said “I am surprised how slow the game is, I expected it to be a lot faster” and you won’t hear that from pac players, especially not from a decade ago.

It’s totally possible that while Frost is working on his 2nd NC in five years we could all look back and be thankful we dodged a bullet but then if we don’t get him, it might be the exclamation on our demise. Who knows? I’m sick of making it a life concern. It will be what it will be and NOTHING is guaranteed and what we think it is. I still don’t know why Tebow won’t start coaching something already. I guess he doesn’t want to.

Either way, UCLA, FU for not figuring out a way to beat USC while dominating them.

16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I think that might be an overstatement. I'd say that the momentum for UCLA has halted, but we're in neutral right now. I trust our insiders, but I'm sure UCLA fans will say the same. Right now, nobody can be 100% certain (except maybe the insiders if the source is reliable enough).

That all said, I love seeing all the articles and tweets recommending Chip choose UCLA because the pressure at UF is too much. Chip seems like the sort of guy who isn't going to like that narrative. Kind of like how hard he worked to try and get another NFL job after SF fired him to prove that he can hack it in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatorinla

gatorinla Recruit

Nov 20, 2017
    No, just no. If you feel that way, then you're probably rooting for the wrong school. I guarantee you that your sentiment is not shared by the administration, faculty, students, and alumni that make up our school.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. gatorkax

gatorkax VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Mullen equals a fail for exciting the fan base. He would have a very hard time getting fan support....it is such a critical hire given the current state of UF football. Mullen’s offense is boring and relies on a big quarterback that throws the ball downfield very little. Not asking for the fun n fun but a mid range pass downfield....not bubble screen and run. Mullen would be like getting skinless chicken at a steakhouse after you thought you ordered a porterhouse. You won’t starve but you are not happy!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    It is 5am. I thought we would get an announcement at about this time so got up early. Oh well, back to bed.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Right on w Timmy and we'd have people on this board say "what would he coach"?
    Dude can coach/teach anything.

• Winner Winner x 1