UN Report shows Assad almost certainly responsible for chemical weapons

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Row6, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    You don't have ignorance as an excuse on this one as it has been reported ad infinitum that both the UN and the French have released details of their reports which show conclusive evidence about where chemical weapons were fired from, the nature of these weapons and the necessary infrastructure for their storage, who they were fired at, and who we know for certain possessed exactly these weapons. Additionally the US and Britain have said the same thing without divulging the same level of detail. The only "conflicting reports" are the statements of Assad and Putin.

It is my business who I waste my time talking to and who I consider a worthy partner in reasonable discussion. I'd be happy to discuss the next phase of the issue - the one that follows confirmation of who used chemical weapons in Syria - but not with someone who willfully blinds himself from known facts. What would be the point?
  2. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    More "Iraq shocked" reasoning. I know it was long and painful, but time to shake it off and try to see today's events clearly.

Yes, I can tell you exactly where I was when I read about LBJ's Gulf of Tonkin statement in the paper. Like Condi's aluminum tubes, I knew it was b...s..t immediately, and I had vigorously supported him against Goldwater. It defies all logic - let alone all known facts released by the UN and French - to think a president who has vigorously avoided involvement in Syria is now looking to make up excuses to get involved, yet you and others here try it everyday.
  3. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Yes, since "WMDs" also include old mustard gas canisters, as well as the nuclear weapons Bush tried to convince us Saddam was on the verge of possessing. Yes, Saddam gassed his own people - though you find websites today denying it, just like you can that Assad didn't use them either - in 1988, before Gulf War I and later sanctions and penalties put him in a box. He also gassed the Iranians in his long war with them, a fact the Reagan administration knew, but which didn't keep us from continuing aid to him.
  4. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,058

So conclusive you had to use "almost" in your thread title.
  5. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,058
    Still haven't seen the elephant or are you going to continue to ignore the question as if it never was asked?
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    That's not what many of our Leftists here have be blubbering about for the last decade.

But really! To soil Reagan's legacy with these fly-by-night left-wing, commie blogs... as if Reagan would ever say to Saddam Hussein, "go ahead and use them" is pure jackassery.

I see what these a$$-hats are trying to do, but it's not working. The Loony Leftists will never stop trying to reinvent history (ultimate revisionists) to suit their communistic beliefs and wants just to bring down the greatness of Reagan.
  7. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_helped_saddam_as_he_gassed_iran