Uh oh....standing his ground...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by outbackjack, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +448
    Whitelake
    You are making a lot of assumptions about me...most of them deragotory. Why? Because we disagree on something?

How am I hanging on to the he was reaching for a weapon ad naseum? I even said that it was what the shooter said. Meaning it was hearsay based on the shooter...

No one deprived the young man of his rights. He forfieted them when he became a threat to the man and his family. You do not seem to percieve someone in the mans yard near his house at that time of the day in that neighborhood as a threat. I do. I lived near there. I know what it is like. I too would have percieved it as a threat.
    this man did not step out in the street take aim at a fleeing kid and shoot him dead. He did not go looking for the confrontation. This isn't even as murky as GZ case. This guy was in his home. Minding his own business when someone tried to rob him. In a neighborhood where armed robbery was common place. In the middle of the night. You do not see a threat. Fine. I do.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    I said you would probably hang onto to it ad nauseum. See above.

What did I say derogatory? My question is simple. You want the rights of the second amendment. Great! Show me in the constitution where it says you can shoot trespassers?

Are some shootings going to be justified. Yep. Shoot to kill in your home. You start shooting OUTSIDE? Too many things can go wrong. Too many irresponsible hotheads packing. DO I think that kid was probably going down a road of crime? Sure. That doesn't give anyone the right to use deadly force whenever they FEEL justified. That is not a civilized world. I am pretty sure our founding fathers would have never added those other Bill of Rights had they thought YOU were capable of meting out your own justice on a daily basis. You can;t have it both ways. I want my guns AND I want to be able to use them whenever I deem necessary. The constitution won't let you. Thank god.
  3. GolphinGator

GolphinGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +286
    You climb someones fenced in yard and in this case not just a fence but one made of iron you give up judgement by your peers. The next one to judge you is the man up stairs. You can bet your ass anyone pulling that crap in NO at that ime of the morning knew the risk. In this case checkmate he pays the price. Deal done move on to the next. Bonus is it saved the working people a lot of tax money.
  4. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Link? I notice that the crowd of people screaming for Zimmerman to be judged by a jury of his peers are nowhere to be found. Where are the lawyers? I can't believe that most believe in shooting trespassers.
  5. GolphinGator

Ratings Received:
    +286
    Well, you obviously don't know the people that live out here in the woods where I live. If you want to meet some and ask them PM me and I will take you around to meet my neighbors. Or if you want to try it on your own I can tell you the area I live and you can try trespassing at 1:30am.
  6. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,477
    I'm here, have already said that the law doesn't allow you to use deadly force in defense of property (except in limited circumstances in Texas), and that Texas deserves all the crap they get over their law that occasionally allows it because the idea that you can take someone's life for trespassing or simple theft is absolutely insane.
  7. Tasselhoff

Ratings Received:
    +448
    I agree death for simple tresspass and theft is too much. I also think that the circumstances of this shooting lend itself to fear of life. Some of you do not see that threat. I do.
  8. Tasselhoff

Ratings Received:
    +448

It doesn't give them the right just when they FEEL it is justifiable. That is why there will be a trial. To see if it was justifiable. No one says there shouldn't be a trial.
  9. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Agreed. You have to have law and order. The same reason you have that gun is the same reason you can't shoot people for trespassing.
  10. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20

WHAT?!! I am talking about a trial for theft for the kid. If you kill him you are denying his right to a trial by his peers. Do you disagree?
  11. GolphinGator

Ratings Received:
    +286
    I agree as well and would not ever want to shoot anyone unless I felt I might be killed or my family harmed. That said, if you trespass at 1:30 in the morning into my property and in the area of my house, I come outside to see what the deal is and you reach like you have a weapon then it becomes me or you.
  12. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
  13. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Where is the guy that used the cliche "would rather have 100 guilty people go free than one innocent person go to jail". Isn't this the same thing? Save the life of one innocent person by not allowing this to occur multiple times even if you're shooting the guilty? What's the difference? Semantics?
  14. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +255
    What the F do you think is going to happen? That's probably a question criminals should ask before they jump someone's fence at 2am.
  15. GolphinGator

Ratings Received:
    +286
    The victims and innocent people are the ones who can't defend themselves because people would like to see them stand trial and lose everything they have worked for to prove they felt threatened by someone who broke into their home. Those are the innocent people and you are the one wanting them to stand trial and go to jail.
  16. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Please re-read. I said kill em in your home. Shoot them dead. No worries. Outside your domicile? Too much human error. Heck, LEO gets it wrong sometimes. How can I trust that you know what you are doing? I don't. Leave it to the professionals. I am betting that 99.9% of weapons holders are not LEO.
  17. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Defend? Was he being attacked at the time? Or did he get pistol "balls" because he was packing? Have you ever read the story of Yoshihiro Hattori? Amazing that the guy swore of guns after that. Shouldn't we prevent that from happening again, ever?
  18. GolphinGator

Ratings Received:
    +286
    It would have not happened at all had the guy not climbed into his yard over his fence. You want the answer for stopping this problem thats it. Stop stealing and assaulting people and you can go on about your business.
  19. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    So you think death is a suitable punishment for trespassing or simple theft?
  20. outbackjack

outbackjack Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,057
    If you truly believe this guy was "trespassing" and didn't have more sinister motives, then I don't know what to say.

Once the guy opens your door, you shoot and miss, and you and your family could be dead.

I just can't fathom waiting that long when there is a highly likely chance of very serious danger just feet from your house.....one that just jumped your fence.