Uh-oh...Obama lashes back at congress as "they are focused at trying to mess with me"

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by secgator, Sep 20, 2013.

1. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    I would think all in our class/category did if they were a UHC customer. but we are talking chump change. 3% of total premiums paid...I would have preferred they keep the cash and charged less in 2014.
  2. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    Prove it. Scan your bill from a year ago and the current one and post them here. BCBS of Fla. has had huge increases in the last two years.
  3. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Semantics... When no one can keep their own insurance, Obama will step up as the savior and present a government run, low cost (eliminating the competition) single payer alternative.

It's been his plan all along. It's really quite obvious... To most of us, anyway.

Damn liar...
  4. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +717
    He is weak and indecisive!
  5. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,374
    Yes, while being a Machiavellian dictator who forces others to do his bidding at the same time.

Depending on what issue you're arguing, of course.
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +677
    /sarcasmfont
    Yes I am going to scan a document containing my real name, employment information, identification issues, which health insurance plan I use, where I live, etc. to a random message board. All because you don't believe me. /sarcasmfont

If it makes you feel any better, here is 2008-2010 (after ACA) premium distributions per state. Maryland actually went down between 2009-2010 (after ACA was passed).

http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research...s.aspx#Private Sector Premium Tables By State

Beyond aggregate data, you can either choose to believe me or not. That is up to you. But the aggregate data does support my position (showing a 10% increase over 3 years).
  7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +677
    Again, the contrasting positions between someone effectively playing 15-dimensional chess with the comments that he is an idiot really throws into question the veracity of your theory here.
  8. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +391
    Politics is often the home of narcissists, my friend. Tangent, but funny story.

In 2002, the Bi-Partisan Campaign Reform Act was passed. There was immediately a dash to the courthouse to file challenging the law once it was signed by the President. The winner? The NRA. They made it there first and, when you are the first to file suit, the case is tagged with your name. So why is it that the Supreme Court decision was titled, "McConnell v. FEC?" Well, Mitch McConnell was the runner up in the race, but knew that the case would be historic and wanted his name to be the title name. So he filed a consented motion with the NRA (and no opposition by the government) to have the case renamed McConnell v. FEC.

A number of politicians, however, filed as intervenors in support of the law, including McCain and Feingold. After the argument, they went public about how wonderful a job their hired lawyers did defending the law. The government, through the FEC and Solicitor General's office (who put together the paper trial and handled most of the heavy lifting the Supreme Court), not even a mention.

Like I said, tangent, but many politicians---irrespective of party---do what they do for power, ego, and, occassionally, if it doesn't hurt the other two, to further what they view as a decent policy or two.
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,552
    The congress is right. And, Obama is no king.