Uh, oh, not a Jameis Winston thread in the baseball forum.

Discussion in 'Around the Horn - Baseball & Men's Gator Sports!' started by deathroll, May 25, 2014.

1. deathroll

deathroll Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +734
    ESPN's top 10 has an FSU shortstop making a play. JW is on the mound giving up what should have been a hit. Camera man finishes up showing, not the shortstop, but JW as he trots off the field and his teammates high five the scum. Announcers then say something to the effect that, lots of folks saying this is FSU's year.

So, if this bit of sports ugliness actually occurs, FSU's greatest, most historic sports year will be portrayed as having been led by JW in both sports, making him the school's most recognizable, greatest athlete and the "face" of their entire sports program, FOREVER. JW - (alleged) rapist, sexual deviant, thief, vandal and all-around scum thug.

Prepare yourself for the wall of nole excuses, rebuttals, defenses, justifications and rationalizations. Up until now, the disgusting behavior of FSU's fans has been relegated to defense of their football season but, if they win the baseball championship too, JW will become FSU and FSU becomes JW. If that happens, FSU fans will develop moral defenses and become apologists, not just for this football season but for the rest of time. This could get even uglier.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +499
    If I were a nole (forever thankful I'm not), It would be bitter sweet at best knowing the accomplishment of the school I cheered for were tainted by the acts overlooked to obtain them. Most nole fans I know will not even consider how this feat was achieved. But then that speaks highly to the level of ethics most nole fans have-little to none.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. deathroll

deathroll Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +734
    Nevermind :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,356
    Thank you, Bama.