1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.
  1. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +777
    Gators keep rolling, beat Vandy 1-0. Shore dominant again and Poyner solid in relief. Gushue with the RBI.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,388
    Attendance was absolutely terrible. I realize Thursday at 8:30 is a bad time, but man that was painful to watch. At least the actual game was good. Shore was on fire. Too bad he didn't get to stay in. He looked pissed!
  3. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver Member

Ratings Received:
    +33
    Amen about the attendance. I pulled up about 8:15 and there were literally no cars in the lot by the track and the crowd was shockingly low for a top 10 team. That 100 pitch mark is pretty much a hard and fast rule around here. As DD11 said, Sully often leaves you shaking your head at some of the stuff he does, but it is hard to argue with the results.
  4. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,708

Heck, I didn't even know there was a game last night. lol
  5. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +76
    My suspicion is that there have been a lot of nagging injuries this year that we don't hear about just because of the general lack of baseball coverage. Harris wasn't being extended past 20 or so pitches for a long time. Young didn't start last weekend after being an effective Sunday guy for a few weeks. Hanhold went back to the bullpen a couple weeks after he outpitched Aaron Nola. Now it looks like Rhodes isn't going to start this weekend. Plus Josh Tobias has gotten like 10 at bats since March. Some of those have to be injury related.
  6. IowaGator

IowaGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +312
    Thur, Fri, and Sat this week and next to close out the SEC.
  7. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,045
    That win was a school record 12th SEC win in a row.

The next win by FLORIDA or the next loss by Vanderbilt will clinch at least a #2 seed (SECT) and the Eastern Division championship for FLORIDA (hopefully they occur at the same time ;) ). Vandy trails FLORIDA by 5 games with 5 to play. Carolina trails by 5.5 with 6 to play.

8:30 is too late of a start for many of the folks who would otherwise be regulars at the game. Personally, I wish more of the games started at 8:30 even though I was unable to attend yesterday. It's break week. I would expect a bigger crowd tonight and tomorrow at noon.

Carson Fulmer (9 saves) will be making his 4th SEC start for Vanderbilt tonight (d. Arkansas, Missouri, Georgia the last three Saturdays: 19 IP, 12 H, 0 R, 3-0). Can't wait.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  8. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +442
    Yeah, I'll be honest: I did not see this season going very well at all. I kind of checked out early in the year, and it's hard enough following a college baseball team from 2,000 miles away.

I've got to start immersing myself again. Seems like a great chance of getting some postseason ESPN games again.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver Member

Ratings Received:
    +33

Good possibility. In fact, last night Braden Mattson was wearing a boot and Schafer didn't have on cleats the entire game. I think Josh's is performance related. Sternagel was doing extremely well in his place although he has cooled off considerably at the plate.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. yankgator

yankgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    The as made up half of scouts there to see the Vandy pitchers. Seems Bede is a likely first round draft choice. He was hitting 95 with his fast ball ad the breaking ball was not hittable--if that s a word. Good thing he tried to get a st ne b Gushue in the first inning. Wen Gushue came to bat with runners on 2nd and 3rd fastballs were all of the plate, Got him on a strike out with thee breaking balls.