UF LB target Adonis Thomas

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, May 16, 2014.

1. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +684
    The four-star LB announced his Top 5 tonight on Twitter, and it was wrote like this: "Bama LSU UF ND UGA."

Thomas tweeted "no order no leader" after that. However, he named the Gators his top school in late March, and his recruitment is considered a Florida-Georgia battle. He plans to make his decision Aug. 1.
  2. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +230
    Absolutely no reason not to land a top group of linebackers this year. If we can't get 99% of the LBs we want this cycle, that probably means we won't get 50% of who we want at the other positions.
  3. brettmorey

brettmorey Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +322
    I agree that it will probably end up a UF-UGA battle but he really like Alabama. The problem there is that his mom supposedly does not like Saban or UA.
  4. fl_champ20051

fl_champ20051 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    I'm sorry, but i fail to see how not getting certain players at one position keeps us from getting other players we target at another postion.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,391
    That's like saying someone is 100% right 50% of the time. It kinda doesn't make sense:)
  6. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +285
    @gator_n_sc @fl_champ20051 I'm not speaking for johnl here, but what I got from this is that since we have such a need for LB this year, coupled with the high opportunity of early playing time for them, if we don't get pretty much who we want at that position, it could be a sign that recruits are losing interest and faith in us and we could lose out on a lot of the other top recruits we are going after at the other positions. I'm not sure he means if the LBs don't come then neither will anyone else, it could just be a sign of how recruits perceive us now. If that is what he meant then I would have to agree, there's no reason for us to not get our target LBs this year.
  7. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +419

There are many reasons for these kids to go elsewhere (proximity to home, relationships with coaches, etc.), but available playing time is not one of those reasons. That being said, I would be very surprised if we didn't end up with a very nice LB class. Even if we don't fend off Auburn for Holland, we still seem to be the favorites for Thomas and Coney, plus have a legit shot at Roquan Smith, and maybe even Jerome Baker. I think that our general recruiting success really depends on how we do on the field this year, which is not usually the case.
  8. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,391
    Honestly if they haven't been scared off yet by our 4-8 record then I wouldn't be too concerned. The fact that we stand in the top 3-5 of 5 top 25 national recruits speaks for itself. A little success and a lot of excitement will do wonders for visitors in the Swamp on game day.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +230
    All I meant was that if our high-profile defensive coach can't get our high-priority guys in a position we haven't recruited in a year and with Taylor (a clear-cut starter at middle linebacker imo) leaving, that doesn't bode well. I just mean UF has a lot more to offer potential recruits at that position than say, CB or QB where we're loaded.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DoctorGator

DoctorGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    I gotcha the first time, john, as did ctresh. I also happen to agree with your thinking. Its logical to say that if we can't land a good haul at a position offering playing time, it should be tougher to land a good haul at positions offering less playing time. Seems pretty intuitive.
  11. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +230
    Playing time, NFL teams loving SEC defensive players from elite defensive teams like UF, the honest possibility that we, as a team, might far from suck in 2014... all good reasons.