UF Depth Chart for Mizzou

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +177
    I'm a little disappointed that we didn't learn from LSU running on us. I was looking for Jay-nard Bostwick to move onto the depth chart behind Damien Jacobs.

I haven't been pleased all season that we aren't developing a pass catching TE. Even Pease commented on it today, If Trey Burton is supposed to be the answer for a catching TE, it didn't happen as he disappeared for much of the game at LSU.

Other than that, the depth chart looks fine, like the coaching staff could give a rip what I think. :grin:
  2. theghost

theghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,239
    ^^ Think you meant Clay Burton.

From what I've read, unless there is an injury, Bostwick is going to redshirt.

We don't see these guys in practice, so I'd assume the coaches don't think he's ready to contribute. Not many true freshman are at the DT position. We'll be glad next year when he's a redshirt freshman and comes in ready for SEC football.
  3. ETGator1

Ratings Received:
    +177
    I meant Trey Burton. Brent Pease commented in his presser today that he was trying to get TE catches to Trey Burton. I realize Clay has hands of stone.

In Durkin's presser last week before the LSU game, he pronounced Bostwick the next one in if needed as he has been made ready for play. Since using a 270 pound SDE to play some DT hasn't worked well against Arkansas and LSU, it was my hope Bostwick at 305 would move into the 2 deep.

If what you are hearing about keeping his redshirt is accurate, we can kiss any chance of winning the SEC East goodbye.
  4. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    So let me gt this straight you want a freshmen DT to play in the SEC? Who would you like to replace Clay at TE the injured play or the injured player?
  5. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    I'm so disappointed that neither of our two highly rated (I believe they were both top 5 recruits) have made any sort of impact on this team so far. Instead we are using two converted DE who couldn't catch a cold. After the abysmal o-line, the tight end situation has to be the most depressing and frustrating aspect of this mediocre offense.
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    Trey Burton is a WR that gets some of the plays that we used Reed with last year. Almost all of Reed catches were as a flex TE he was basically playiing the slot so Trey replaces those catches.

Bullard is bigger than 270 Muschamp said he is 280 something and he has always been able to get a push inside. If they though Bostwick could help they would be playing him now. Next Dline player to get in the game will be Cox.
  7. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    I think a lot of people are confused about why Colin was brought into UF. He was brought in to block not catch passes. He seemed to be coming along but then he got hurt again. Both young TE's have foot injuries.
  8. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,483
    Gatoraz to the rescue! Lol Never fails.
  9. GatorChoice

GatorChoice Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    And just because someone is 30 pounds heavier does not make him a better, or more efficient, player.
  10. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,483
    IE. Trenton Brown.
  11. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    Should be telling that the two best DTs we've got are DEs
  12. Gatuar

Gatuar Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +280
    I'm fine with guys like Brantley and Bostwick redshirting...very talented but raw guys it's not like they'll become Easley by next week

The TE situation is painful...how nice would it be for Murphy to have a nice security blanket on 3rd down and in redzone
  13. ETGator1

Ratings Received:
    +177
    Not so. Bryan Cox is already playing at DE. Bostwick is the next DL off the bench. At 270 or 280, Bullard's natural position is SDE. Let him play where he is most effective. His pass pressure from DT resulted in Mettenberger's clean white jersey by the end of the game.

Durkin did pronounce Bostwick to be ready. It makes no sense to sacrifice efficiency by not playing him.

I noticed in the second half of the bama at UK game that Saban was playing the DT Robinson, a true freshman out of the state of Texas. Saban isn't letting his good players sit on their butts. He's developing his bench. Muschamp should be doing the same.

The same for the last paragragh holds true for TE. Kent Taylor is not injured. Get him some PT. We need a pass catching TE. Colin Thompson was injured, but I'm not sure he still is injured as we've received no updates on him.

Whatever Trey Burton was supposed to do at flex TE didn't work as he disappeared for a long time during the game.
  14. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +729
    Coaches are never wrong. Why give any back-ups a chance when the starers aren't getting the job done. If Bostwick were ready he'd be playing. The best players always start. Just like Tyler Murphy and Kelvin Taylor. Oh, wait...
  15. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Whatever happened to that one Offensive linemen/TE we took at the end of the recruiting cycle last year? The one who played basketball, and is what 6'5/6'6 270? You know Grontkowski size? Usually them basketball players tend to have great hands, and he would be a big mismatch in the secondary, you can see Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham for proof.

Treyvon Young?
  16. theghost

theghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,239
    EGator, you do realize Easly is only 282lbs...and he'll likely be a DE at the next level. So, Bullard at 280lbs is just fine at DT. I don't think playing a true freshman is the answer....and obviously the coaches don't either. Another thing, the problem w/ this team is NOT on defense!

Additonally, I'm not sure why you're complaining about Trey B. He's having his best year as a Gator, and he's fine right where they're playing him. I just wish they'd stop using him in the Wildcat, which has been gameplanned by our opponents to death.
  17. ETGator1

Ratings Received:
    +177
    Easley could play both, but was a better DT.

Bullard can play both, but is a better SDE.

I'd rather see Dante Fowler bulk up 20 or so and move inside. His game would be more like Easley than Bullard.

The problem with this team lies on both sides of the ball and has since Easley went down.

I'm not complaining about Trey. I'm complaining about Clay. This offense needs a true pass catching TE.
  18. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    How much did Cox play the last two games ET? From what I have seen is they have been playing Powell and Bullard at DE and Cox has been on the bench but I could be wrong.

Why should Bostwick get in the game? He was very raw out of high school are Dline struggles to get off blocks you think a freshmen can do better? Remember our Dline coach is Brad Lawig if he thought Bostwick could help he would play. I would love to see him take a huge leap and be better than the people in front of him and get in the game

Durkin said Bostwick and Ivey would be the next guys to go in if someone else goes down they have to be ready. Just like Skylar is ready if Tyler goes down.

Robinson is playing because he is better than some others on Bama's Dline. He has played all year. You know who played all year on our Dline last year? Bullard and Fowler, guess why they played? I also think the Bostwick is going to be a monster he was my favorite defensive player of last years recruiting class.

I see Kent Taylor is back how would you like for him to be used as a pass catching TE? Attached to the line of scrimmage of flexed out? If you say flexed out who do you think is better Fulwood and Burton of Kent Taylor?
  19. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,880
    They took weight off Fowler this year he was out of shape last year . Why would you put weight on him when we will have plenty of Dt's next year and not many Buck's?
  20. Gatorstew

Gatorstew Member

Ratings Received:
    +67
    Question: How many passes have our TE's actually dropped in a game? Just sayin'.