UF and FSU recruiting

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by ekfornam, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,568
    I was speaking only of their recruits on the offensive side. Their highest ranked offensive weapon is 288 in the country...then in the 400s and one in 700s. That is pathetic.

Their dbs will possibly only be 2nd to Bama if Isaac Taylor Stuart joins them.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +12,799
    The difference is in how many actually end up playing for the team that’s presently claiming them
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +14,447

fsu did a lot of this under Bowden too. Take a non-qualifier, let him add to the class ranking, ship him off to JUCO for a year or two, then bring him back in and add him to the current class's ranking. They'd count non-quallies to two different classes. They did it all the time.

There were a few times they might not have had a top 10 class, certainly not a top 5 class on a few occasions.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,816
    And it finally bit him in the backside after a few years of juggling non-qualifiers caused some depth problems (and Zook took him to the woodshed in recruiting). A lot of those non-qualifiers were some of FSU's most highly rated recruits.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +478
    Why is it so difficult to sign and place a kid? Seems like with a guy like Peters, you sign him, work with a juco, and stay in contact with him and on top of his schoolwork and credits.

Is it just more important to take a lesser kid who you know will be here this year?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,357
    Why don't they just redo the rankings when the final class is enrolled and say these are actually the true recruiting rankings for the year.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,189
    You would think it makes a bunch of sense. I would love to see it. Unfortunatley the day after NSD everyone moves on to the next year and last year is now old news. Waiting until August to put out a review of enrollments does not garner much attention when teams are already filling up spots for next year.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +1,916
    Agreed. It’s like going over your Christmas presents from last year about a month before writing your Christmas list this year. Everybody’s already moved on.

It also doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to do it at that point because fans have already seen EE’s performance during Spring Games. they are getting reports about how Player X was a monster in the weight room, etc. So fans are already believing that players are out performing their rankings and they believe their coaching staff more than some scout from Rivals/247, etc.

At that point, the blue chip ratio is what you want to pay attention to.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,412
    You present that as a fact that he qualified for a UF visit? You need to work on your reading skills.

Obviously they (UF) did not want his visit. "THEY" want a visit not if "HE" wants a visit. Nothing in your quote confirmed that he qualified. Andrew likely meant that IF he qualifies then UF can get him to visit.

In terms of incoming new talent Mullen getting transfer 5 star Grimes and 4 star WR from Ole Miss pushes Mullen well in front of Taggart. They will actually play at UF, Peters on the other hand is fool's gold till he qualifies.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  10. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,644
    We are so far behind fsu's roster that marginal gains alone will not be significant for 2+ seasons imo. I don't know if Taggart is going to be a good game day coach but until we beat them on the field consistently it will appear to recruits that fsu is as good a choice as UF.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,580
    Don’t be shocked if they have another signing day bonanza. Not saying they will but I expect that will happend. Always does and it pisses me off because they get their recruits to Troll other schools. I guess we probably do it too but it happends big There. Not rule breaking but it is ethicbreaking
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,644
    I think in recruiting there are rules and ethics that should exist and do between players and institutions but not between schools. fsu owes us nothing and if they actually were successful getting their commits to cause our coaches to waste time then miss on other recruits they beat us and our staff is to blame for being naive. Hello Coach TOG!
  13. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,699
    Change hasn’t come often to the Noles and that alone will slow them down
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +1,338
    Brady said on the podcast with Zach that one thing they aren't counting is the 2 wide receiver transfers, which would boost our ranking.
  15. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +581
    I for one am not looking at anything the SOW does as a measure of how well we are now doing at UF. They are going to get theirs, always have and always will - end of story. We also don't subscribe to the same methods and "philosophies" they've embraced for many years now - and that's just fine by me as well. At this point I am focused on what's doable for UF. A strong finish, complete with quality players in key roles, will be a huge "win" for our program. Don't forget, we are coming off one of the most difficult and tumultuous periods in our program's history.

The SOW is now entering uncharted waters with what can only be described as their most uncertain coaching hire/situation in over forty years. We on the other hand already have a very good group that is currently signed, sealed and delivered - plus a proven, SEC ready HC and staff. If we finish as well as it appears that we may, we can credit DM and staff with a job well done. Of course, I will be watching everything that transpires on NSD, just like everyone else. But I'm a lot more interested in what our guy does than whatever goes on in Tally.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,450
    Joyner and Manuel expected to be mid-year 2018 enrollees at FSU from Ft Scott CC in Kansas. Both past FSU sign and place 4 stars of 2016 class
  17. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +8,441
    Because...it doesn't matter?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CaptUSMCNole

Ratings Received:
    +1,916
    I highly, highly doubt that. They were signed by the previous staff and I haven’t seen anything about the previous staff or the current one contacting either player during this recruiting cycle. FSU has six ‘ships available if all currently committed players sign and it looks like they are planning to use all of them on other players.
  19. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,450
    There was a newspaper article about the FSU coach visiting them
  20. CaptUSMCNole

Ratings Received:
    +1,916
    The only thing I could find on that is a Chris Nee story about the previous staff visting them. I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe they are in the current staffs plans.