Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

UCF Should Be The National Champs

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by themistocles, Jan 1, 2018.

1. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Jun 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

2. mulegator

Jun 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

3. mulegator

Jun 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

4. mulegator

Jun 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

5. mulegator

Jun 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

6. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007

7. mulegator

Jun 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

8. mulegator

Jun 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

9. mulegator

Jun 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

10. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    The four teams are correct but that confrerence is better than Mac, says Teddy Bridgfewater

12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Is it as pathetic as bamas 41, 73 titles? There are a couple others too

13. gatorev12

gatorev12 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 27, 2009
    I legitimately cheered for UCF this season and wished them well. They had a great year and deserve to be proud of their team.

But bush-league stunts like declaring yourself a national champion deserve to be mocked. We all mock Bama's created natl championships and other schools who suddenly "discovered" natl championships decades after the fact; this should be no different.

If you want to be considered for national titles, then up your OOC schedule. Play a Clemson or OU or Auburn to start the season. Schedule other tough midmajor opponents like Boise State or Northern Illinois for another game. Win those contests early and let the rest do the talking. UCF *did* something similar to this in 2013: scheduling Toledo, Penn State, and South Carolina for their OOC games...but lost to South Carolina and lost their chance at a perfect season (but did beat Baylor in a BCS bowl). If they had a similar OOC schedule this year, then perhaps people would have taken them more seriously.

Wish them the best of luck in the future, but they need to tone down the theatrics.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. timmy1

timmy1 Junior

Dec 24, 2017
    Then do we get to declare another NC in 84, anither SEC title in '90 and and a Heisman for Rex?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Rex sure did deserve his.

16. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    Looks like Mule is ready for March Madness!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. jcp

jcp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2009
    Pathetic UCF, pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. newnangator

newnangator All SEC

Nov 11, 2016
    First : Florida was a bad team this year for a number of reasons but with 25 players out we didn't stand a chance notwithstanding other shortcomings. That said an eight team payoff won't work because if your team kept winning you'd have to go to three games being played all over the country and not may people can't afford to do that. As for UCF they should be proud of their team nut they've tainted there success by being very millennial and demanding a trophy. My guess is that many of its students and professors . they played youth sports where everyone got a trophy.

19. observer

observer Recruit

Dec 6, 2017
    Either give the Group of 5 a way into the playoffs or completely take them out of current 1A FBS into a new division. There is no inbetween nor should there ever have been. It is 100% illogical to have have a team in a division where they have no shot whatsoever to win a national title. Either take them out of 1A FBS or let them play, simple as that. For those of you who think that their scheduling is that awful... you should be advocating division realignment, because the status quo is simply not acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Todesrolle

Todesrolle GC Hall of Fame

Oct 23, 2007
    I agree that some things could be changed, although the dynamics of each change are complicated, and the unintended consequences worry me, but I don't give a crap about the UCF "victimhood" bandwagon.

Each player signed a LoI with UCF, knowing what the situation was. There was no bait and switch. There wasn't anything underhanded. That's where they decided to play football and get an education, knowing that they were not going to be playing top-tier schools, and for the most part, not being qualified to play in top-tier schools. I doubt that Bama was breaking down their door to sign them. They took their opportunity where they could find it.

NOBODY was saying, "You'll be playing for national championships here!". They didn't run any gauntlet that the Power 5 have to run though.

Sorry. I don't go to McDonalds and complain because I can't order prime rib. I don't perform at the Little Theater on Main Street in Cletusville, Nowhere, USA and complain because Hollywood doesn't notice me.

You want to strut around like the big boys, you'd better play with the big boys. Give me a break with Auburn. Those guys hung up the cleats after Georgia dry-humped them like their favorite dog toy. They didn't even show up to the UCF game. Is it a win? Certainly. Was it some earth-shattering indication that they are natty material? Whatever. Whiners.

That type of whining won't even get you the Championship of Life.

You want to play for national championships? Go to a school that gives you that chance. Walk on if you have to, but don't slap around the other kids in the playground and then complain that you've been screwed over by the "rigged system".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1