Tyler Murphy & Mike Gillislee need to be made examples out of

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by swg8trgr8, Sep 22, 2013.

1. swg8trgr8

swg8trgr8 Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    in a positive way of course

Both guys came to UF when they could've gone to other schools and probably played from the very start. Both sat on the bench for years, biding their time. Neither ever complained, took to Twitter and whined, became a distraction, or tore the locker room up for selfish reasons.

It took both of these guys 4 years before ever really seeing the field as "the man". 4 year of hard practice every week, then sitting and watching on Saturdays. No complaints, no crying, they were Gators and proud to wear the uniform. They could've left, they could've transferred and played elsewhere a lot sooner. I'm sure many people were in their ears throughout those years telling them to do just that.....but they stuck through it. Even when their coaches did the exact opposite and left, these guys stood strong.

Through multiple coaching changes, tough seasons and tough losses where their services were needed and not used, these two stayed. And in their 4th season at UF, they both got their chance. I know for a fact that I would not have been able to do it, as I'm not that strong. These two guys are Gator Greats IMO. I don't care what happens the rest of this season with Murphy, he can throw 100 Interceptions and my opinion won't change. Mike Gillislee and Tyler Murphy are 100% Florida Gators, and I wish we had more like them every year, both on the field and in the stands.

Go Gators
  2. WeWinWeEat

WeWinWeEat Member

Ratings Received:
    +23
    It's a great story. Now we need to just win.
  3. swg8trgr8

swg8trgr8 Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    While I agree, and winning is the ultimate goal, this is not about winning. This is more important than winning, this is about being a great gator
  4. believer

believer New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Well said.
  5. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    Mack Brown too