Tyler Murphy is gone.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Dec 15, 2013.

1. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    I don't know if we'll ever know that. Tyler had the benefit of starting his first three games against the weakest part of our competition (sans Georgia Southern, but let's not go there).

I described his performance as "admirable" and I think that's a good way to describe it. He outplayed most fans' expectations, looked poised and competent and showed off some physical skills.

He'll get a much better shot at a mid-major or a non-AQ school than competing with Jeff and likely Will Grier.
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,509
    TM and his family were on the receivng end of pot shots when he decided to transfer... are they not allowed to defend themselves?
    That's how I saw this, too.

Too much of this situation played out in the media/twitter IMO. I know people want to know everything yesterday, but this would gone better if Muschamp and Murphy could have talked before any of this went public.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,575
    I dont agree with your first statement but the bolded couldn't be more true. There's not a single quote by Muschamp other than to say "I told him it would be an open competition". I am sure he wasn't happy and I don't blame him, but to say Muschamp took potshots is not accurate.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +698
    Twitter is the devil for sure. As far as taking potshots though, didn't Muschamp say that he believed that Murphy was coming back? Didn't Murphy say that he changed his mind on the way to the airport after dicussing it with his family? It would appear that Murphy did say he was coming back, changed his mind. Understandable given the entirety of the situation. Also, concerning both Muschamp and Tyler's dad, we are going on reports, correct? Any actual video, audio of anybody's comments? Just curious, is all.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,509
    Agree... I've seen mostly hearsay it would appear.

It's clear the family is reacting to a perceived slight. I'm not sure where it originated though.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorinmi

gatorinmi Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +233
    That why I asked if Muschamp was ever quoted a few pages back. It appears that most everything we're hearing being attributed to the coaching staff is from a 3rd party. We don't know how the staff reacted to the news and the Murphys are responding to allegations in reporters tweets, and we all know how accurate those can be.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +485
    Did Tyler Murphy not expect that Muschamp wouldn't be pleased?? Muschamp didn't do a thing wrong IMO.

I don't blame Murphy for transferring. However, it sure appears to me that he doesn't think he would beat out Driskel, or that Driskel is too entrenched. And that Murphy wants to be a starter somewhere.

That's acting in his own best interests. I have no problem with that. But he also knows that he is the backup at worst and that he is almost sure to get playing time. Leaving under those circumstances is not in the best interest of the team he was a part of.

I commend him for everything he has done for the Gators. However, his last act was selfish and that alone makes him not a team player. He ought to know he will get flack and accept it accordingly.
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Spleezy

Spleezy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    You mean Muschamp was busy the last day of recruiting until January 15th.....no must be a conspiracy. It's Murphy's right to change his mind but during a end of the year banquet on graduation/the last recruiting weekend for a month with wavering commits is not an ideal time for the conversation the topic deserves. I chalk this up to horrible timing not a huge cover up.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Hebron13

Hebron13 Member

Ratings Received:
    +67
    That's pretty weak....on the zing meter anyway.....keep your day. Job.....zingers ain't for you....if it was good I'd give you props but that sucked on the zinger scale.....