Two things...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorWayne, Jun 5, 2018.

1. GatorWayne

GatorWayne Junior

Ratings Received:
    +11
    From an underground club on Okinawa to a frigid location in Greenland a tent in the Saudi Arabian desert and many other places in between I have always tried to watch the team to victory. Two things remain despite the coaching decisions between Urban and now,

1. Victorious win streak against Kentucky.

2. Not shut out in 368 games.

I think both continue as UF returns to its glorious past under the new head coach. I’m actually looking forward to this season where I wake up in Japan and try to find our Gators playing to victory!

Go Gators!
    • Like Like x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,355
    Unfortunately, wayne, there were a lot more streaks in place before Muschamp became the Gator's coach. Only 2 left, pretty pathetic, although the Kentucky fans hope that they will become Vanderbilt and end a decades long streak of losses (against Muschamp).
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,084
    Well, we've got those things going for us. :emoji_head_bandage:
    I'm looking fwd to a new list shortly after just a little time with Mullen.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +9,298
    I will also be in Japan for our second game this year. How do you watch?
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,084
    From my experience, you will not get the game in a hotel room. The second game is UK and most likely will be on the SEC network. UGA is @ USCe in week two and I imagine they would get the CBS slot. That means most likely SECn and you will need a really good sports bar. If you're in Tokyo, there is probably a Gator club. Otherwise, American commercial restaurants (I know there is at least one Hard Rock in Tokyo) will be your best bet. If we play at 12:00pm eastern, you will be watching a midnight kickoff. If it's 7pm, will be your 7am.
    Note that they are 12 hrs ahead, so set your schedule accordingly.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +9,298
    Thanks! I'm going to be way down south in Fukuoka... so it's going to be tough I think, although a big US military base is nearby so there should be some Americana options... hopefully a sports bar. I'm hoping I can stream it somehow, but last time I visited my in-laws there they still only had dial up. :confused:
  7. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,824
    First: Thank you for your service:emoji_thumbsup:

Second:

I've got it on good authority that we're on our way back;)
    • Like Like x 5
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,084
    Have a great trip! I was actually just in Tokyo yesterday, but only for a layover. Have visited two other times, one being a four week tour with a jazz group. We visited many towns, including Fukuoka. Can't say I remember anything about it, except that I'm certain we found GREAT places to eat and drink.

EDIT: After viewing Google maps, I remember that we took a hydrofoil from Hiroshima. Was maybe the coolest boat ride I've enjoyed. You will have a blast in Fukuoka.
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. gator_lyn

gator_lyn Senior

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Which underground club in Okinawa? I work at Foster right now and I don't see many Gators around here
  10. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,358
    Camp Schwab in the house! Was in Oki in 1999.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +193
    When i lived in Osaka about 20 years ago I ordered a service that video taped all the games and mailed them overseas. I think the company was Pontell. Probably not relevant anymore though..... lol
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,808
    Geeze...I know it was years ago but I thought radioactivity had a 50,000 year half life? I must have gathered some bad intel...

Go Gators.
  13. GatorWayne

GatorWayne Junior

Ratings Received:
    +11
    Sorry for my late reply. I will also send this as a private message.

1. Armed Forces Network. HD broadcast but they only show 2-3 games live and then throughout the day replay more. The lesser games are not broadcast. I think 1/2 the games are shown at some point, live or delayed. Great when the game is rebroadcast later as Japan is 13 hours ahead and watching at 4:30 AM is not quite as fun as a lovely Saturday afternoon game. I highly doubt you will have this option.

2. Streamed from a betting site. I usually use firstrowsports or frontrowsports. Usually a good enough broadcast but a real PITA to get the game actually on and not covered with popups and other crap. Still 13 hours ahead but nearly all games live.

3. Japanese TV. I think they broadcast NFL, definitely the Superbowl which is way more entertaining when you don't have to listen to American commentators.

I live in Iwakuni, south of Hiroshima. Not many sports bars here to go to and the time difference is the real killer. Not many place open at 4-5 AM and if so, not really American friendly as the Marines have a pretty strict curfew and they are not out past 1 AM (I think, I am prior Air Force and now a civilian working for the Marines.)

I'll be watching the game this year on a 120" screen and my projector. Looking forward to raising my cup of coffee to many Gator Victories!