Tweet from Dean Cain

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Mar 31, 2014.

1. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +241
    Percent of homeowners is not dropping because of tough lending guidelines. It is dropping because of NO JOBS. Either people don't have a job to buy a house or people are losing homes because of losing their job.

Get a clue....

And as far as lending goes, right now i have a lender that will do FHA loans down to 550 with 10% down... 580+ scores and no large outstanding collections will get you into the normal 3.5% down.
  2. surfn1080

Ratings Received:
    +241
    Where id economist state it was a 8-10 year fix and does not a healing process generally require you to move in a positive momentum? So far we have been going no where positive, unless you count the top 1% from wall street.
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,567
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
  5. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    I think Ben is way off and really sounds kind of naive for someone as old as he is. I've found that some of the people I get along with best are Liberals, now if we're off talking politics all of the time - which no one cares to do in reality anyway, that could be a different story, but overall, it's the same being friends with a Liberal as it is with a Conservative. Most people don't talk about politics on a regular basis from what I've seen anyway. Most people regardless of political beliefs are more alike than they'd ever care to admit.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Possibly. It just is an odd reaction. I don't think I have ever had an instinct to seek out liberal baseball or hockey players (tend to be very conservative as groups).
  7. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    Yeah, but baseball players and especially hockey players < movie stars. I mean, if you want to talk superstars a la Derek Jeter or someone like that, his political beliefs could make waves, but Hollywood is known for being outspoken politically. Anyway, I'm not justifying the mentioned of Dean Cain, I think the less attention we give them outside of their performances the better.

I mean, both sides get caught up in it. Why else is Obama asking celebrities and the NBA to promote Obamacare? Or constantly inviting to the WH? It's basically the same thing.
  8. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    Bruce Willis and Robert Downey Jr. are both Conservatives, however, I don't think either of them are willing to risk their careers or are interested in trying to voice that too publicly.
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,025
    Lol... And that's bad why?
  10. surfn1080

Ratings Received:
    +241
    This does not support your claim.

http://www.census.gov/housing/hvs/files/qtr413/q413press.pdf

By the way those in the market back then would tell you they started to really see the bubble collapse at the end of 06 and full blown in 2007.
  11. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,228
    Beyond the disaster that was the Rick Perry presidential bid, Perry definitely is not "republican light". It's not like he was running around supporting Olympia Snowe.
  12. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,025
    So... you don't like Olympia Snow? RP was never going to be POTUS so that's no real reason to dislike him.
  13. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,228
    I actually do like Olympia Snowe but she isn't nearly as conservative as Perry, just making the point that he isn't some stereotypical California liberal Republican and has been a bedrock conservative for a while. That he would be against Obama shouldn't be a surprise.

As for Perry, he's running again supposedly.
  14. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    I don't know, Perry is starting to warm up towards marijuana legalization. What other Republicans can you say that about?
  15. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,228
    A few of them apparently, see the link - they read polls like everyone else. More will follow. Jindal now is open to medical marijuana, Nikki Haley has said her state isn't ready for it but respects other states in their decisions, Paul Ryan said it was state's rights issue etc. Wait another 2 years and watch the libertarian wing of the party continue to move the argument as polls continue to rise in support (especially as people see Colorado hasn't been destroyed and they are making money on it).

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ing-a-presidential-run-in-2016-star/?page=all
  16. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,331
    Depends on where you lived. Las Vegas and San Diego were feeling it plenty bad by the start of 2006.

[​IMG]
  17. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    I can only hope they all wise up and begin to support legalization.
  18. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,228
    I worked in Alt-A and sub prime in those years, I was already getting my comp package cut by late summer/fall of 2005 and the company losses were mounting. The first sub prime companies going under were around then as well.

The engine was just revved so high and so fast that it took another year or two to really collapse beyond certain riskier products, but it was long in coming.
  19. surfn1080

Ratings Received:
    +241
    Exactly so the point is that the housing market bubble which by the way was a big reason for the great recession, was crashing after 2004 which would contradict his JD claim.

Obama's policies have done nothing to turn this economy the other direction. Somehow this thread turned into the twitter account user and ignoring the data presented...
  20. surfn1080

Ratings Received:
    +241
    Those who sold their souls to Alt-A and sub primes took the hurting much sooner. The company i work for did only a few non-conforming loans for that reason and we are still around and doing well because we didn't do many of them.

Sadly there are those in the industry trying to push these products again. I don't think they will ever be close to what it was, but we are starting to see stated income loan products... non fannie or freddie of course.