Turnover problem by QB in big games

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by coldsteel120, Sep 8, 2013.

1. coldsteel120

coldsteel120 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    This to me in addition to penalties is costing the team big time.

LSU game last year, 2nd quarter QB is sacked and fumbles deep in own territory that thankfully only leads to 3 points.

Georgia game last year, two fumbles in first quarter, first one deep in own territory leads to TD the second one is bailed out by Int. Then in second quarter before half careless pass in endzone leads to Int and loss of sure 3 points. This was a 10 point give away in first half.

Florida State, 3rd quarter sack leads to fumble in own territory that results in 7 points

Louisville, pick six to start the game. Sets the tone for rest of the night.

Miami, two picks in red zone one in quadruple coverage and the other by bad rout running took at least 6 points off scoreboard. Fumble late in game leads to another 7. Another 10 points (not counting bad rout running that led to pick) left on field by QB mistakes.

This has to be cleaned up now! If not, another QB needs to be looked at. The turnovers and bad decisions are too much of a liability. I hate pointing at one area when other areas need cleaning but the turnover problem at this position continues to be a major problem.
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    There is no other QB. This team will win or lose with Jeff. The others should not even be on college rosters. He seems fine between the 25's they should probably run him more near the goalline. They should also give him run pass options
  3. coldsteel120

coldsteel120 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    Raz, I have a feeling the Ole Ball Coach would be giving another QB a shot. Noah Bridise was not as gifted as Doug Johnson but he protected the ball and made solid decisions. This team needs someone that can make sound decisions. Right now it is not happening. I hope our current QB will clean this up.

Kerwin Bell was a 6th string walkon before the 1984 Miami game and due to a lot of circumstances was forced to play and ended up doing very well for us. There may be a gamer in one of the backups. Currently the mistakes being made are costing us bigtime.
  4. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    SOS would not have done that with the back ups we have . Also SOS isnt the coach and the man cant win the SEC. This is also ridiculous the fans are panicking but thank god Muschamp wont. I hope a whole bunch of people clean it up including the QB. You change the QB now you are giving up the season and the team still have EVERYTHING to play for.
  5. flwgator2

flwgator2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    Our QB coaching has been terrible since Tebow left. Our backups is even worse. Kerwin was the exception to the rule not the normal. If Driskel improves with his decison making, we still have a shot of an SEC championship.
  6. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    Why the hell has this not happened yet? It seems like a very logical thing to do with Driskel.
  7. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Why isn't there a backup on this team? Muschamp recruited other quarterbacks, but now they're not any good? I thought he was this great evaluator of talent. Is that no longer the case?
  8. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,281
    I was screaming for it too yesterday. He throws a pretty good ball on the run. Plus, we simply did not use his legs enough yesterday. He should have had about five more carries. Our backs are ok/pretty good, but they aren't great. We need to have a better running threat and Driskel can make a big difference here. Really felt like the QB run wasn't used nearly enough yesterday. Maybe Driskel is hurt and we were protecting him? Don't know.
    Clearly the Oline was not clearing enough space for the backs, and in the times they did jones and brown simply did not exploit the bigger gains that were available.
  9. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    When they only recruit three star linemen what would you expect?