TUE - April 1st - #13 FLORIDA (19-9, 6-3) vs. FAU (15-12, 4-8 CUSA) - 7PM

Discussion in 'Around the Horn - Baseball & Men's Gator Sports!' started by WESGATORS, Mar 31, 2014.

1. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +76
    Bummer of a game. Shame we couldn't add on after getting 3 in the 1st. FAU hitters struck out 19 times in the game. You're not supposed to win when that happens.

Oh well, on to Kentucky. Should be an interesting matchup for the Gators. They have one of the better offenses in the SEC, but aren't as good on the mound or in the field.
  2. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +929
    The runner at first meant nothing. High School baseball 101 when the winning or go ahead run is on 3rd in extra innings and they are trying an early break from 1st do not make a throw. Let him walk down to second if he wants. You had to as a coach have a feeling they were going to try and pull that off. I'm sure we have been coached in that situation but Mattsen just pissed down his leg and FAU did what they wanted. That is a truly embarassing moment frankly. Maybe Sully should have gone out for a conference. Guess he did not feel the need.
    I know that we have been playing pretty well, but getting picked off and base running in general has become an issue along with defensive execution. When the committee looks at this it will go go down as a bad loss. No disrespect to FAU because they outhit us and frankly out coached us. losses like this can affect hosting a region or even more important hosting a Super.
  3. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver Member

Ratings Received:
    +63
    We had horrible midweek losses in 2010 2011 and 2012 and they never affected the ranking or seeding.
  4. wingtee

Ratings Received:
    +929
    True but I'm not sure this club is the caliber of those clubs
  5. wingtee

Ratings Received:
    +929
    Just to clarify 2010 did not really have bad losses according to my research. Maybe you saw something different.
  6. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver Member

Ratings Received:
    +63
    You should have stuck to your original reply which showed you got my point. The fact that you did research is nonetheless amusing.
  7. wingtee

Ratings Received:
    +929

Matside, don't let the facts confuse you. Please don't think ,or pretend that you are baseball extraordinaire' Seriously that would be silly. You are looking to get in a pissing contest with me and you have no fluid to work with . Just stop it .. please. Lets just agree that we love the Gators and move on.

Looks like from your user you are a wrestling guru, which is great... stick with that . Go shoot a half nelson somewhere else.