Trayvon Martin the political pawn

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator85jd, Jun 24, 2013.

1. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    There's no denying Trayvon Martin's death is a tragedy of epic proportions. What's equally tragic is that his death has been hijacked by a couple interests to advance their political agenda.

First, and quite apparent, are the washed up racism purveyors who must continue to beat the racism drum because it's the only way they know to make a living. Racism disappears, so does their relevance.

Second is the LMSM who have a hatred for gun rights in general and particularly the stand your ground law. They decided early on in this case that they would vilify Zimmerman and, in doing so, would create a strong public sentiment against SYG. To do so, they had to engage in character assassination against Zimmerman and lie about what happened to turn the majority of people against GZ to turn people against SYG.

Too bad a large percentage of the public swallowed this hook, line and sinker.
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,024
    I agree, this case is filled with special interests by special interest groups.
  3. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    They vilified Zimmerman because it's a Jewish name and thought an old white Jewish man shot a young unarmed black guy. When they found out that he isn't some old crusty jew they crapped their pants
  4. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    It has been made into a racial issue, politically motivated by an agenda seeking press, and fueled by Obama and some other black activists. I've said this on other threads, but it is clear that the charges should never heave even come against GZ, had not an enormous amount of political pressure not been brought about by the press and the others mentioned above.
  5. ncgatr1

ncgatr1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,039
    The real problem is that racism and hatred fuels the liberals. Without it, they are left with empty ideas. It gives them purpose, wether it's hatred of capitalism, corporate greed, or anything they consider anti environment. This is a other example of how they have exploited the racism factor. It was pretty telling when they described Martin as a Caucasian Hispanic. I'm beginning to think Libs are just plain evil.
  6. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +788
    No matter the result this will not be healthy for America.
  7. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    I see a lot of civil unrest if z is acquitted of his charges. I will have plenty of ammo, mags and guns ready just in case
  8. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,372

You really worried about riots in Tusky ?
  9. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    I'll be ready just in case
  10. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,331
    Same here. In addition to guns and ammo, I'm laying in a supply of TP, whiskey, paracord, and freeze dried foods. When black Lord Humungus rises from the ashes of the Zimmerman verdict, I'm going to be ready.
  11. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Great drink
  12. brainstorm

brainstorm VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
  13. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,282
    Well from what I saw today on the news the jackass lawyers on both sides got off to a great start
  14. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,228
    It was a tragedy of epic proportions, but no more so than the thousands of others who die needlessly for various reasons.
    The news culture of picking one case to focus on every few months is strange to me. It's not like either of these people's lives or deaths are truly national news in the sense that anyone's lives will be affected by the outcome, though the bigger the story gets the more that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy unfortunately. Just don't understand why, when there are so many real news stories this garners so much press, but I guess I am the odd one out.
  15. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +907
    which is another desired by-product of those who are advancing this circumstance as a national referendum
  16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,024
    Just like Obama is not healthy for America, with his war on successful people, and the wealthy. And of course Obama has chimed in on this already... with his usual bigotry of the event even before all the facts were laid-out.
  17. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    NC, agree with most of the above however I do not think Lib believers are evil...they are right brain thinkers (ironic). Guided by feelings rather than logic. Not good at critical thinking. Not adept at numbers.

I would agree that Libbie politicians are evil as they manipulate those less fortunate or without critical thinking skills to support their failed causes that ultimately lead to even greater dependency on government services. They disguise themselves with various names like "progressive".
  18. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061
    It's not all that strange, really. It became a focus when Obama chimed in... That's who picked this particular case.
  19. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    They will convict Zimmerman of manslaughter or a lessor charge. Case is definitely not 2nd degree. Trayvon was a pot smoking slacker (wearing a hoodie) who was not some boy scout. And Obama's comment about him "wanted a son like Trayvon" was absurd. Kid got kicked out of school and was a lost soul. The jury will likely not learn any of this.

That said, Zimmerman should have backed off and waited for the police. He tried to play big shot. So he is guilty of stupidity at very least and since he used a gun, he will be convicted of something.
  20. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Trayvon was a lost soul. The people closest to him, his parents, left him adrift in the world. As a result he was growing up without any parental love or guidance. Interesting that after they hit the legal lottery with the settlement from the homeowners' association, they both quit their jobs to be able to attend the trial so they can get "justice for Trayvon." As if their presence in the courtroom instead of at work will make a difference. Too bad they weren't so concerned about Trayvon during his life.

Zimmerman made bad choices that night, as did Trayvon. Trayvon's bad choices were very much attributable to a lack of parenting. Nevertheless, the LMSM will use this case to sway public opinion against guns and against SYG laws.