Travis Rudolph WR 6-1 185 Cardinal Newman HS, WPB, FL Names Top 5

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gator996, Aug 28, 2013.

1. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    Best Hands/Moves recruit IMHO
    Thought he looked real good at the Opening

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/8/27/4666318/travis-rudolph-names-top-5-schools-recruit-favors-eastern-schools

[​IMG]

Travis Rudolph names top 5

Travis Rudolph, a consensus four-star wide receiver in the class of 2014, announced his top five schools Tuesday. Rudolph will choose between Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State and Vanderbilt, via Jeff Greer of the Palm Beach Post. No favorite was named, though a surprise omission was Miami, where Rudolph was previously committed.

Rudolph, a West Palm Beach, Fla. native, is a 6'1, 185-pound receiver considered the nation's No. 14 prospect at the position, according to 247Sports' composite rankings. 247 also has Rudolph as the No. 13 recruit among class of 2014 Florida prospects.

The Gators have been considered the leaders to various extents, and would do especially well to land Rudolph considering their issues at receiver.
  2. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +397
    I really like Rudolph as much as lane I'd hoped to see him in this class but wasn't sure when he committed to Miami he would finish our we class quite nicely
  3. TrillGator

TrillGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +80
    Would be an excellent pickup, much of his highlights are him taking sweeps to the house. Looks like he could be very effective in that role in our scheme.
    Any word on OV?
  4. AndrewSpivey

AndrewSpivey Recruiting Reporter Staff Member GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,223
    He says he may not take an official but he says he will definitely take an unofficial
  5. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +893
    Hope we have a season that makes us look more attractive. How's our WR board overall and how many do we need this cycle?
  6. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +774
    He's got more shake than Lane, but not better hands. Even if he did have better hands, Land's length and leaping ability give him the edge. That said, it's a great year for WR in Florida and he's definitely #2 and probably top four or five in the country. #14 is preposterous. I still don't understand why Lane isn't the #1 WR.

Everything I've read indicates Rudolph likes UF a lot. I thought we led for him. Hopefully Grier is in his ear and we get lots of unofficial visits (and win lots of games).
  7. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    He's got more shake (smaller guy)
    He definitely has better hands...they said he had the best hands at opening...

GATORAZ told me that Lane's release for a guy his size was outstanding but I just haven't seen anything special in him going for the ball and coming down with it.

I like Lane but I questioned his competitiveness/motivation at the opening and after watching the homestead/university school game I'm still kinda 50/50 about him

If he's hurt...OK but I completely see why Lane isn't a consensus #1 WR

Reports of Rudolph leaning to UF have been sporadic at best which is why I was happy to post this article.

I do know he has a pretty good relationship with a number of other palm beach country players like Johnnie Dixon...I've read some of their online conversations.
  8. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +40
    Isnt Dixon best friends w a kid that just came to UF on a track scholly? I dont remember his name but those two were in the paper every week for their friendship even though they fiercely competed.
  9. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +893
    Don't know but Dixon looks like a good prospect. A 4.4 200lb WR could do a lot in a creative offense. Scout says: 5'11, 190. "Dixon has some unique physical attributes, he has plus speed (4.4) and a very strong, durable frame. He has continued to add mass while not sacrificing speed. This is a potential big play weapon at the next level and Dixon will be able to stretch the field. He has a lot of potential over the middle of the field. We would like to see him play bigger in all facets of the game. Could also be DB down the road."

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=6312269
  10. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +613
    I would love to see someone like Rudolph from my high school star for the Gators.
  11. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +505
    Say what? Lane is Cris Carter like IMO going for the ball. I'm not saying he is a future hall of famer but if you don't see anything special for him going for the ball then I don't know what WR you would give that tag to.

Were you at the Opening? I was on campus for other reasons and didn't have a chance to see anything. I need to hit it up next year since I only live two miles away.
  12. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +774
    I saw the opening, not all of it, but the highlights. Saw Lane make amazing catches. Going for the ball and coming down with it? Had a dart coming high and hard at him when a DB stepped in front. He went up slightly above the defender and reached around him with both hands and came down the ball. Other plays I saw indicated an uncanny ability to stop or turn at exactly the right moment a split second before the ball got there and stab it. Part of that is the chemistry he and Grier have. Saw a few great plays by Rudolph, but not as many. Didn't see either of them drop a ball, not like you'll see that in highlight videos. Comparing their pass-catching abilities is like comparing Stallworth and Swan.

I haven't seen a lot of Lane, but my impression of him is that going for the ball and coming down with it is one of his greatest assets, plus the fact that he's taller and stronger than the other top receivers. The only player I've seen that might have better hands is Phillips. Don't know what the setting was when Lane ran a 4.52 forty, but nobody at The Opening could keep up with him.
  13. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    Lane was hurt the whole game but I will address the Lane issue more in the long write up I owe you guys.

I have always liked Rudolph. I remember telling Stange that he was a take.
  14. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    Lane tonight

Maurice5⃣Alexander ‏@_hardtime3 7m
    @GridironStuds Lane-7 catches 179 2touchdowns and gib- 5 catches like 90 and a td
  15. FunnGunn

FunnGunn Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    He's gonna have a monster year. Can't wait to see some of the HL's.
  16. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15

Lane uses his size more than Rudolph who uses his quicks more...but to my surprise they aren't very much different in measured height.

Here's the highlight videos from the IMG 7 on 7
    Looks like Lane & Rudolph were on the same team.
    (Lane is running the out route underneath on Rudolph's 1st TD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmHxttsmKMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i33GZ5_-is
  17. FunnGunn

FunnGunn Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    r
    Agree, thought his was one of the better wr's in the state last year. Would've taken him as well and I think he was ready too at one point. Don't know if he cooled and wanted to look or if it was just too early for us, I don't know. He reminds of D Phillips some just not as good at this point but just as smooth getting in and out of his cuts. Can run ever route on the tree and gets good separation out of his breaks, hits the same mark every time at the sametime, and has really good hands. Needs to work on getting off the press but most good hs kids do and it'll be easier once he fills out and adds some size to his frame.
  18. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    Travis Rudolph's season opener
    Cardinal Newman#10 vs Boynton Bch#13

10 catches for 164yds 2 TDs, 7 rushes for 31
  19. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +774
    Let's get a commitment and call it a day at WR. These two definitely compliment each other. Wouldn't trade for any two others in the country.
  20. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    I'd take noil before Rudolph and I would consider taking artavis before him too