transfers

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by jaxgator1991, Dec 2, 2013.

1. fljim

fljim Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    Is Muschamp considered a "player" or a "playaa"?
  2. fwhite42

fwhite42 Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    If Murphy doesn't get the feeling that he's going to get a legit shot at being the starter next year (i.e. the internal messaging becomes that it's Driskel and Grier 1 and 2 in some order and Murphy is just jostling for third), I could see him bolting to an FCS school to get a shot at being a starter for his senior year.

A good showing at that level could get him into the CFL, which he likely has no shot at as the third-stringer at UF, and I think there are some solid FCS schools that would give him a serious look.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,023
    I disagree. Murphy would've already transferred then imo.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. fwhite42

fwhite42 Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    I don't see why. At what other point in his career did he ever appear to have a legit shot at being a starter or even the solid backup at UF? Up until this year, he was buried on the depth chart and was never considered an "heir apparent."

Most of the talk for him up until this year was that he might even be considering a position change. However, now he has proved that he can be a fairly successful starter at the DI-A level -- he was doing quite well before he was playing at less than 100% due to injury. He may always have felt like he had it in him, but now he's done it in real game action at the highest level. I'd think he'd even be a DI-A transfer possibility, but he's already redshirted, so he needs to go somewhere that doesn't require a year off.
  5. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,023
    My point was exactly that. He was buried, with no daylight, yet he stayed. I don't personally think he did all that great. He wasn't very accurate. His legs were good but that will only get you so far.
    • Boring Boring x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +965
    They wouldn't work in a pro offense. But both could work in a spread. They are receiving TE's and with our poor line, we needed some that could block. Let's be honest..Derek Lewis is a god awful coach just by looking at what is on the field. His TE's have the least production I can ever remember at UF. Somehow he ruins our all american punter, our kicking game is a joke, no special teams returns for touchdowns and uses like 14 different guys because he can't even make a decision on a consistent freaking return man. Seriously. He is terrible, why is he here. He has literally done nothing good that I can think of in terms of his players on the field.
  7. GatorSean

GatorSean Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +499
    Umm... Lewis doesn't coach our special teams.
  8. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,001
    What kind of credible offense in this day and age "doesn't have a role" for a pass receiving TE? No slam at you or your post. I just can't imagine an offense that chooses not to utilize something every other team covets.
  9. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,001

I don't know what to think about this. On one hand I appreciate Will's attempt to create something better. On the other, I'd rather them smoke weed and play Madden than go out to bars and get in sandwich fights, barking contests, keg-hurling competitions, etc. Personally, I think the conduct codes (UF and NCAA) should be more focused on actions of the athletes than substances they take.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. jcorb3233

jcorb3233 Member

Ratings Received:
    +33
    Does anybody else think Latroy Pittman will transfer? With the suspensions, lack of playing time, and depth that is being built at WR, it wouldn't surprise me.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,514
  12. AFCyberGator

AFCyberGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +144
    I definitely agree. Unfortunately, Muschamp must live within the current rules, and he does not have the advantage of local police "letting minor incidents go unreported" (like Tallahassee PD or Tuscaloosa PD).

Many of the suspensions are due to marijuana abuse, and it kills our depth. In the case of Janoris Jenkins It was the nail in the coffin (amongst other issues) leading to a transfer.

If we could ban scooters and enforce a curfew, it would help us with suspensions as well.
  13. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +272
    Given the numerous parse errors on the iPhone app, I weighed my options but have decided not to transfer.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. KronoGator

KronoGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +508
    You gotta do what's best for you and your team.
  15. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,071
    He looked good against UK ark, and tenn. The 3 worst teams in the conference. Don't know if that is exactly raising the bar. :(
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +622
    Before the fsu game I would have said yes, but he played late in the yr, caught a pass or 2 and seemed to be really into the game last Sat. Maybe the light is turning on. I actually think he's very unlikely to transfer.
  17. NiftyGator

NiftyGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +34
    That would rule out a lot of arrests around college football these days. But, hey, it is still against federal law, so even though it doesn't affect your playing skills, it can affect your preparation--well for some at least.
  18. missourigator

missourigator Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    transfers will be determined by how many we sign.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. fwhite42

fwhite42 Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    Considering that in hindsight we're now finding out that he was initially injured in the LSU game, it's not really a surprise that his performance fell off in that game and after.

And, again, I'm saying he could be considering transferring to an FCS team. Hence, having done well against Kentucky, Arkansas, and Tennessee is actually a very good resume for a QB at an FCS school. Even playing in our atrocious system, coming in with no experience in the midst of a conference game (that we were losing at the time), getting sacked 22 times, and playing injured in half of his starts, he still managed a 121 passer rating...in other words, he personally ranked about 20 slots higher among QBs than our offense did among offenses.
  20. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,071
    But why leave UF now. Maybe before this yer sure cause he was basically invisible before. He now knows he TRULY is just one broken leg away from being a starter at a major d1 school. Grier won't be on the depth chart next year because he will redshirt. He needs time to develop physically. He's only about 175 lbs soaking wet. He needs to add about 25 lbs before he plays IMO.