Tough day for ranked teams

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by REM08, Jan 4, 2014.

1. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    Just noticed that. Wow, 10 point win at #6! They might be a little better than #10 in the league.
  2. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +578
    There's a lot of good teams this year. The committee is going to have their work cut out for them.
  3. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +868
    UConn lost & Kansas lost…Wisconsin down 8 late in the 1st half. SOS taking a huge hit this weekend.
  4. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +578
    It was only a matter of time before UConn started to lose some games. They were incredibly fortunate early this season. Wisconsin isn't running the table either, although I don't think they're finished tonight.
  5. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +598

Memphis too. This happens though. Kenpom has you guys at 118 SOS. Is there a more official SOS rating than his? I can't say I even know how his works.

You guys have quality wins and, while the SEC schedule won't help SOS, you're also at less of a risk of piling up losses.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  6. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +578
    Other than raising your blood pressure, obssessing over these games accomplishes nothing.
  7. BuckyGator

BuckyGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Wisconsin with a big second half to beat a tough Iowa team! I didn't think Badgers looked very good against UF (granted it was 2nd game of season), but they're playing VERY well overall and are now 15-0, #1 in RPI and #4 in pomeroy. Most think MSU and OSU are a bit better at the top of the Big 10, but Wisconsin benefits from an easier unbalanced conference schedule...should be a tight 3 team race. Badgers have a lot more offensive firepower than past few seasons...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bryan85

Bryan85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +206
    #19 UNC lost at Wake Forrest in their conference opener yesterday. They now have 4 losses to unranked teams.
  9. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +598

Its hard to know what to think of them.

Odds are they are what we've seen so far this year and will add some more good wins together with some more bad losses (maybe a lot of them). I know this though, I wouldn't want to be the highly seeded team that ends up seeing them early in the tournament.
  10. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    there is so such parody in college bball. its easy to sit here and say that our SOS does not look as good because of recent losses by kansas and memphis. but take a look at what is happening all over college bball as a whole. everyone is losing games or being pushed to the end. this happens every year, its the nature of the beast. I'm not worried about those teams losing this early, it happens every year with ranked teams. as for us, we just need to win games and the committee will reward us. honestly, we really should not lose a conference game this year with the way the schedule is set up. the only one that wouldn't be a major shocker would be a loss at Rupp.

Seeing how well we have played down the stretch in games this year, in comparison to last year gives me hope in closer games, experienced players with a good mix of young talent. only real worry is FT shooting, it could bite us in the butt really hard