Torrance Brown 6-4 230 TE/Hback Tuscaloosa Academy, AL

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gator996, Jun 1, 2013.

1. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/tuscaloosa_academys_torrence_b.html

Tuscaloosa Academy's versatile Torrence Brown collecting offers, SEC interest (video)

[​IMG]

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- Despite missing all but three games of the 2012 season, Tuscaloosa Academy athlete Torrence Brown has been collecting offers from around the country this spring.

Brown, who is exploring the possibility of playing football and basketball in college, will likely make his commitment in February or March of next year.

"It would be a dream come true to play in the SEC," Brown told AL.com. "I'm still keeping my options open. I'm looking for a college with great athletics and academic prestige. I want to have the chance to play and feel at home."

The versatile athlete plays running back, linebacker, defensive end, tight end and wide receiver for the Knights, but is being recruited as a tight end or linebacker in college.
    Tuscaloosa Academy head coach Robert Johnson said he believes Brown could play as many as four positions in college, depending on what the school needs.

"He's a big, rangy kid with good size," Johnson said. "He has the frame to comfortably carry 250 pounds. He runs very well, jumps well and has real good instincts. Defensively, he reads plays really quickly. He'll fit in a hybrid scheme as an outside linebacker who can put his hands on the ground and rush the passer."

Brown scored a total of 10 touchdowns last season in just three games before tearing his ACL against Macon-East Academy. Brown's knee healed enough to play for Tuscaloosa Academy's basketball team by December and in a bigger capacity in January.

"My rehab has been going great," said Brown. "I'm back to 100 percent right now. I'm going to spend the rest of the summer working on my knee and on certain skills like blocking in man coverage."

Check out Brown's highlight film in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf335GdG1UE&feature=player_embedded
  2. ugaGator

ugaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    Looks like he's playing against a bunch of little kids.
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,056
    We have our TE, right?